chapter 18

"Why am I always left alone?"

Taehyun muttered in a muffled tiny voice as he had his face pressed against the couch. Tears rolling down his cheeks uncontrollably, the poor boy kept struggling in the quiet room since the older boy left. All of a sudden his phone went off making him flinch. He took it and saw kai's name on the screen. Deja vu hitting him again, he answered it.

"Taehyunie.... Yeonjun Hyung told me that you're alone with Beomgyu Hyung. He didn't eat you, right?

Kai asked in a mocking tone as usual but he could comprehend that something was not right when he didn't get any reply but only silence from the older boy. Usually, Taehyun will ask him to shut up or say something witty but today he couldn't bring himself to talk.

"What is it Taehyunie? Is anything wrong?" Kai asked with worry.

"Hyuka-..." Taehyun trailed, his words cracking in the end. This made the younger boy's concern to heighten more.

"I am a-alone." He ended by saying with a stutter. Kai could feel that the older boy was on the verge of crying and could break down at any moment.

"Alone? Why? Where is Beomgyu Hyung? Did he left you again?"

Kai asked multiple questions as he was panicking. After a few seconds of silence, Kai received a reply from the older boy that made his heart to break.

"C-Can you please come here?"

He asked hesitantly. For a second, he sounded like a scared baby. Kai realised how much the older boy's trauma had affected him that he hated being left alone. He scolded himself in his mind for asking stupid questions without comforting him in the first place. At the same time, he got awfully mad at Beomgyu for leaving his best friend alone not once, but twice.

"I'm very sorry you have to go through this. Don't worry I'll come." He assured the older boy and took a deep breath when the thought of Beomgyu came to his mind.

"I will not let that devil come back from hell to you, this time. I'll be there in five."

Kai said in a stern voice as he kept cursing Beomgyu in his mind.

_____

"Hey Gyu."

Ryujin greeted the blonde as he entered the cafe and took a seat in front of her. She had invited him to a cafe that was their favourite when they were dating.

"Hi-i Ryu. Long time."

Beomgyu said smiling sheepishly as he got awkward meeting his ex-girlfriend after a long time.

"Ha ha I know right."

Ryujin giggled and looked at the table nervously because she kept thinking about how to speak about the matter to the blonde.

"Uhm. So, what's the matter?"

Beomgyu asked as if he read the girl's mind.

"I need to tell you something."

Ryujin decided to open up because that's the reason why she called him here.

"And that's exactly why I'm here. Go ahead."

Beomgyu kept replying to what was on her mind.

"Beomgyu.... I ummm I- I just don't know how to tell you this."

Ryujin genuinely wanted to tell him but couldn't get the right words to do so.

"What's it Ryu? I knew we broke up but we were always good friends. You can tell me anything."

Beomgyu assured her. He did mean it because they were good friends before they decided to date. This brought about the girl to speak up but what she said made Beomgyu's eyebrows furrow.

"I think I could talk about this to literally anyone but you. Because you- you would mock me for this."

He got triggered by the way she spoke. He couldn't understand why he would mock her because he isn't mean, at least not to straight people. So he lashed at her a little bit.

"What the hell Ryujin. What is that everybody around you could understand but not me? Why the hell I would mock you?"

"I- I"

Ryujin kept stuttering looking anywhere but Beomgyu.

"I can understand that 'I' refer to 'you'. Continue!"

He started getting impatient at this point. But his eyes bulged out with what the girl said next.

"I'm in love with Lia."

Ryujin rapped her sentence making Beomgyu blink his eyes.

"What did you say?"

He asked because he wasn't sure if he heard her correctly.

"I said I'm in love with Lia."

This time, Ryujin got a bit composed as she said in a precise tone. Beomgyu heard her as clear as a crystal and he also knew who is Lia and how close the two girls were but still, he chooses to ask her a very stupid question.

"Oh. I think I didn't hear you properly. Is it Liam?. Who is that guy?"

Ryujin looked at him in pure disbelief. She cursed herself in her mind for even considering to tell him about her love interest. She just wanted him to know this from her and not from anyone else because she still considered him to be her friend.

"This is exactly why I couldn't bring myself to tell you."

She said now getting a bit irritated with his homophobic behaviour. She always knew that the latter was like this but didn't know the reason behind it because he shifted from a different school. Sure most people around them were conservative but their generation was getting better so she always wondered why Beomgyu was that much homophobic. Ryujin looked at him with anger burning in her eyes. The fact that the blonde brought up a guy's name made her feel even more terrible.

"It's not Liam, it's LIA. That's not a guy, that's a GIRL."

She announced with watery eyes because she felt horrible even to explain it this way. Her friend being a homophobic prick made her truly hurtful.

"I'M A GIRL AND I'M IN LOVE WITH A GIRL. YOU GOT ANY PROBLEM WITH THAT?"

She cried out making Beomgyu flinch at her sudden outburst.

"What- what are you-" Beomgyu got cut off when she abruptly stood up. He looked at her in shock as she spoke.

"I just wanted you to know this from me and not from anyone. Try to act like a human Gyu. Your homophobic ass isn't doing any good to the people around you."

With that, she quickly walked off leaving the blonde shell shocked.

____

Author's note:

Not at you guys hating Gyu in this fic lmao.

But I promise he'll get better.