chapter 19

Taehyun heard knocks on the door within five minutes after kai kept the phone. He stood up and walked to the door, opening it to reveal the younger boy with some paper bags in his hands and he was sweetly smiling at him.

"I bought you an ice cream and some churros."

Taehyun lit up because he got happy that the younger boy managed to come within five minutes and still bought something for me. He relished it when someone cared for him.

"Thanks, hyuka."

He said in a tired voice. Kai's heart ached at the sight of his best friend. He looked very weary and depressed.

"Were you scared?"

Taehyun looked at him with lost puppy eyes. He couldn't open his mouth to reply to what the latter asked but his eyes gave off the message.

"Come here."

Kai said opening his arms with his head motioning the other boy to come into his arms. Taehyun hesitated a bit but stood there looking at him with expectant eyes. Kai got it and he promptly walked up to the other boy and pulled him into a warm hug. Soon the broken soul of Taehyun felt signs of healing. He melted into the hug. He didn't know how much he needed it.

"It's ok. You're not alone anymore. I'm here with you."

Kai held assuring him as he kept whispering sweet, comforting words to the other boy. Taehyun visibly calmed down.

"Let's eats snacks and watch some cartoon."

Taehyun giggled hitting the boy's shoulder.

"I'm not a kid. Let's watch a movie."

_____

It started getting dark and only a few people were out on the streets. But that didn't stop him.

Beomgyu kept walking.

"Try to act like a human Gyu. Your homophobic ass isn't doing any good to the people around you."

The words Ryujin said to him kept ringing in his mind non-stop. He couldn't restrain himself but to think about his decisions and everything that had happened to him. He wanted to know the truth.

'You are disgusting.'

He pushed his thoughts away and retained walking to where he believed he'll get an answer.

While passing by he happened to saw two boys walking as they were holding hands. He scrunched his nose, inexplicable fury took his mind over. He halted his steps mind going blank.

'You thought that was love?'

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Now, he wanted to know the reality. He can't let his mind take control of him so the blonde kept walking, this time at a fast pace.

He reached the house. He just had to walk a few steps to reach the door but after taking one step he halted, standing frozen to the ground. His mouth went agape. He couldn't believe what he saw and heard.

A wave of betrayal, despair and unutterable suffering took over his mind and soul bringing tears to his eyes. Now, he didn't know where to go or what to do. He felt helpless.

"Beom! W-What are y-you doing here?"

Jeongin asked removing his hold from his boyfriend as they were kissing each other seconds ago and he even said I love you to the other boy, which Beomgyu certainly heard. Both boys were shocked to death, to say the least. Fear evident on their faces but Jeonjin tried his best to act cool.

"I-Innie, you too like t-them? How could you two do t-this?"

The blonde asked, stammering here and there with his words as a huge lump in his throat made it difficult for him to speak. Jeongin's heart broke seeing his best friend. It was long back he saw him in this state. He bit his lips, tears pooling in his eyes as well, he slowly approached the boy.

"B-Beom, let me explain-" he got cut off.

"NO. Don't."

Beomgyu took a few steps back and turned around, immediately started to run hugging himself as he couldn't control his tears anymore.

"H-Hyunie, we messed up."

Jeongin cried on his boyfriend's chest. Hyunjin started patting his back, he didn't know how to react.

"H-He can't deal with this Hyunie, he needs someone to explain him. I don't know if he could understand."

Jeongin began panicking as he knew Beomgyu will not be able to handle this alone. He didn't want his friend to suffer.

"We will go check upon him. Don't worry."

Hyunjin ascertained him.

_____

'You are disgusting.'

'You thought it was love?'

"STOP-"

Beomgyu cried out.

'Love is nothing but lust.'

"Stop stop-"

He cried holding his head. He couldn't do this anymore, not when he is out at night and vulnerable. He needed someone to hug him and tell him the truth. He wiped his tears and started running to his house.

_____

"You sure about this?"

Hyunjin looked at his boyfriend worriedly because he didn't want anything bad happens to him.

"You know I tried everything I could. There is no other way. We need to get himself tell Beom everything."

Jeongin said as he was doing something on his phone to get the person's number that he needs to talk to.

"I have asked a few mutual friends to share his number. Now, we should wait."

He declared putting his phone aside.

"Will he even agree to do this? A-And how will Beomgyu react?"

Hyunjin couldn't help but get frightened at the thought of what all could go wrong.

"B-Beom will be terrified."

Tears began to pool up in his eyes.

_____

"Baby. Careful, you could hurt yourself."

He said when he saw his boyfriend playing with a toy hammer. But the other boy was aggressively hitting the floor.

"Floor hurt me."

The boy said pouting.

"Let me hit the floor for you then, you would hurt your pretty face."

He said and unclutched his boyfriend's tight grasp around the toy. The other boy whined and started crying.

"no no no- don't don't cry...baby look at me"

He tried assuring the boy as he hugged him tightly. His boyfriend didn't look at him but snuggled his face close to the other's chest. Soon after some time, the boy stopped crying.

"Did you had a bad day baby?"

He questioned him as he kept rubbing circles on his back. But he didn't get any reply. It is not every day his boyfriend behaves like this. Sure, each day there is some sort of struggle for him to take care of his unique boyfriend. That he will never complain about.

"Baby?"

He called the boy and looked at his face to see him sleeping peacefully. A smile reached his face. He pecked the boy's forehead. But soon his smile got replaced with panic as his phone went off suddenly. He quickly took the phone and answered it because he didn't want the sound to wake his boyfriend up.

"Hello. Who is this?"

"Jeongin. I need to talk to you about Beomgyu."

____