chapter 21

"You idiots, I didn't sign up for this."

Jay groaned glaring at the two boys who were lying wasted on the floor. Kai looked half awake but Taehyun? Damn, he was passed out.

"KAI, WAKE UP OR I'M BREAKING UP WITH YOU."

Jay started jiggling the boy by his shoulders until he let out some whine, waking up after a few seconds.

"O-k lewt's breawk u-p."

Only incoherent words reached the other boy's ear.

"What? What are you even saying?"

He shakes him one more time. Now, Kai looked at him with open eyes. Jay breathed out, thanking the Gods above, believing that his boyfriend was getting a bit sober. Or so he thought.

"I- where is my boyfie? Who ar-te you?

He got annoyed at this point.

"Uhm. Who ate me? Probably our hyungs will. Now, get your ass up."

He was awfully scared of how his hyungs were extremely mad and were yelling at him for letting this happen at the very wrong time. They told him to search for Beomgyu. But, the thing is Jay doesn't know the places Beomgyu usually go to. So, he has to take kai with him.

He went into the kitchen and got a lemon and a water bottle. He squeezed some lemon juice into his boyfriend's mouth and splashed some water on his face. After a few minutes, Kai sobered up a bit for real this time.

"What happened baby?"

Kai sounded way better than before but Jay can't waste time talking anymore.

"A murder will happen If we don't get out and search for Beomgyu Hyung."

Kai couldn't understand why they had to look for Beomgyu. Definitely, the blonde was capable of coming home by himself. So, he only cared about Taehyun right now.

"What about Taehyunie. We can't leave him alone. He hates to be left alone. He'll get scared."

He kept babbling so Jay concluded that he no longer can talk and put sense into him anymore. The only thing in Jay's mind was how Yeonjun and Soobin sounded, they both were frightened and panicking. So, no matter what, he was determined to find the blonde.

"Of course, but we don't know what happened to Beomgyu Hyung. Now, get up."

Before going out Jay glanced at the sleeping boy on the floor. He hissed and carried the boy in his arms placing him on the couch.

"Sorry, Taehyunie. I promise we'll be back soon."

He said assuringly although the sleeping boy can't hear him.

_____

He looked at his phone as soon as Jeongin hung up. His eyes become teary and his face went colourless the moment he heard about Beomgyu and how the other boy was doing now.

"I'm sorry Beomie...I-I never knew."

He uttered to himself, tears filling his eyes as his heart ached. All he ever wanted was care and comfort. He never thought things would turn like this. He couldn't wait to know more about the boy who he last saw years ago. The same thought perked up some excitement as he was going to know more information and probably even meet him again tomorrow.

His thoughts got interrupted as soon as he heard some loud noise coming from the bedroom. His heart dropped as a thought of something bad happening to his boyfriend came running to his mind, which made him get up immediately and rush inside.

"B-Baby...Hannie, you alright?"

He asked in terror as he opened the door but rather saw a peaceful sight. His boyfriend was laying on the bed drawing stars in mid-air with his fingers, repeatedly.

"W-What happened?" He stuttered with heavy breathing.

"It stopped and it's bothering me." He said emotionlessly.

"What?" He looked at his boyfriend in confusion.

"The clock."

"It stopped ticking." The other boy who was panicking seconds ago felt relief and huffed out a breath.

"It must have run out of battery. I'll change them."

He said walking to the clock on the wall. But stopped in his track as the thought of something weird came rushing to his mind, raising questions.

"Baby, you always tell the sound of clock ticking bothers you? Why are you saying the opposite now?"

He queried curiously at his boyfriend who was still drawing stars with his fingers looking at the ceiling. After he spoke, the boy at once turned to him and spoke.

"Yes. But now that it stopped, I'm hearing things I'm not supposed to."

He said looking deep into his boyfriend's. Soul. All along he was only gazing at the ceiling. So, this made the other boy tense up. In addition to that, he got an idea of what the boy must be talking about. He knew what his unique boyfriend is capable of and, that made him feel fear for his dear life.

"Hannie- I don't know what you're talk-"

He tried to play it cool but was cut off immediately with a question from his boyfriend which made his heart freeze on the spot"

"lixie... Who is Beomie?"

_____

Author's note:

Are you all really liking the story so far?

Should I continue writing?

Idk I'm kinda feeling low and need some motivation.