Chapter 27

The feeling of rage started rising in Taehyun's chest as he kept taking steps downstairs. He had his jaw clenched and didn't even care to pay attention to the pain radiating from his strained muscles.

All of this is because he didn't like the idea of Beomgyu being taken away from him, not when he finally decided to propose to him properly. Definitely not by some ex of his.

With so many different thoughts running in his mind he kept increasing his pace. However, He hesitated a bit as he was expecting to hear Beomgyu and the other stranger talking, so he mentally prepared himself to hear whatever they both would converse about. on the contrary, he heard nothing.

Not even a single sound came through, which made him perplexed. Huening Kai clearly said that the two boys needed alone time to talk about something from their past. So, why not is he hearing anything? This made him think of various possibilities. What if he harmed his Beomie? What if he is a kidnapper? Or something worst!

He swallowed hard as he closed his eyes to take a deep breath. Uttering comforting words to himself in his mind. Taehyun tried to clear his head as he slowly started walking towards the living room.

The two boys were standing in the living room, near the couch. They didn't pay attention to the footsteps that approached them as they both were in a different world being lost in each other's eyes. Taehyun couldn't able to see the stranger's face clearly.

The stranger boy hesitated a bit but anyway grabbed the blonde by his chin to capture the latter's slightly parted lips. In no time, they both dived into the passionate kiss which radiated nothing but love. Or so Taehyun thought.

The younger boy in the room had his eyes wide, his lips trembling and waves of unexplainable emotions taking over his soul. Soon, he felt warm tears pouring out from his already blood-red eyes. The thought of someone else kissing his Beomgyu hit him right in his heart causing it to shatter.

Taehyun as if being electrocuted, jerked his body and started panting heavily once he jolted back to reality where he was still standing on the last step of the stairs. He mentally cursed himself for even thinking about such a weird terrible vision like this.

But, the boy had no control over his mind. As soon as his brain processed the fact that the living room was silent, it right away flashed this horrible vision. He shrugged and shook his head and thought to himself that his Beomie would never do such a thing. Or would he?

Taehyun was getting too impatient. He couldn't wait to see them just sitting as they talked like normal people and get relieved. So, he huffed out a breath that he didn't know he was holding and took steps to the living room.

As if his horrible vision came true, the boy's eyes become wide when he saw the sight before him. He couldn't believe his eyes at it. He knew this time whatever he is seeing in front of him is a harsh reality and his heart couldn't handle it. The two boys weren't kissing each other but what he saw was nothing different from that. It caused the same heartbreak.

_____

"What do you mean you couldn't find him?"

Jeongin asked as he was clearly panicking.

"That's exactly what I meant?"

"Oh my God, Hyunie, we had one job."

"I thought he knew that place."

Hyunjin scratched the back of his neck.

"Ok, let's not waste time and search for him."

"Yeah. Felix will kill us otherwise."

They both left the park in hope of finding the missing boy who was supposed to be in the park.

_____

He kept walking to nowhere in particular. He wanted to vent out all his frustrations. As it was early in the morning there were not many people on the streets so it wouldn't be an issue even if he screamed in the middle of the road. He was now cursing himself for the hundredth time in his mind.

For believing whatever the relationship he had with Beomgyu was love, for even expecting that he had a chance with the older boy. For not sharing his feelings with his hyungs. Oh my God, when the thought of his Soobin and Yeonjun getting upset and worried over him made him feel sick. He took a mental note that he will reveal everything to his hyungs as harmless as possible. Not being aware of whatever Jay did.

"Taehyun-

"YOU ARE AN IDIOT"

He kicked a random pebble on the road as he yelled looking at the sky. Just a second after that he heard a tiny whine coming from the side where he kicked the pebble. He was startled.

He thought he had hit a stray puppy or kitty. He started getting nervous so, he started walking towards the bush from where the sound came from. But he rather saw a different sight.

On the other side of the bush, was a tiny figure laying on a stone bench. It seemed to be shivering in cold. He instinctively pushed past the bushes and walked over to the stone bench.

His eyes softened immediately as he saw a weak boy laying on the bench balled up in the corner. He peeked a bit to get a closer look at his face. As in cue, the sleeping boy shifted his position making his face visible to Taehyun.

Taehyun got pleasantly surprised and looked at the boy in awe. He looked like a cute squirrel with his chubby cheeks and two buckteeth that peeked from his parted lips as he softly snored. Also, the boy was visibly trembling from the cold. He looked pale and weak.

He couldn't comprehend why the boy was laying here at this hour. Is he homeless? Is he sick? He looked empathetically at him. All this while he forgot about his problems even about Beomgyu. He decides to wake the sleeping boy up.

"Ooi. Wake up"

He blinked his eyes tilting his head from left to right because the sleeping boy didn't budge. So he decided to shake him gently. He put his hands on the boy's shoulder but was got off guard when the other boy grabbed his hands and pulled him into a hug nuzzling his head in the nook of his neck causing a tickling sensation. He heard the boy uttering something in a tiny voice that he couldn't understand.

"Lixie?!"

_____

Author's note:

STREAM CROWN ON SPOTIFY!!!