chapter 20

"Taehyunie, I think someone's at the door."

Kai heard some footsteps and was now looking at the door. Both males were sitting on the couch, watching a movie. Taehyun's heart started beating out of his rib cage. He knew he had to face the older boy but he couldn't bring himself to look at him as he was fearful that he might let off him again. He knew that he was very unpredictable with Beomgyu.

"Kai. I- I don't know what to do?"

"Simple, pick a side Taehyunie. You either forget that he is your crush and have that fuckbuddy thingy as long as you want or tell him what you feel and cut ties with him."

Taehyun gave an account of everything that has happened between them to Kai. The younger boy was shocked but not surprised. He always knew that something with Beomgyu was not straight.

"But I-"

Taehyun was cut off when he heard knocks on the door.

"I'll get the door." Kai walked up to the door and opened it, revealing...

"Jay? What are you doing here?"

Kai got genuinely curious because before coming to Taehyun's, he told his boyfriend that Taehyun was not ok because Beomgyu troubled and left him alone so he's going to cheer him up. Now he wasn't expecting his boyfriend to show up like this.

"I have come to pick my boyfriend up."

Jay said in a fierce voice looking back and forth from Kai to Taehyun. This made Taehyun nervous as he thought that he might have triggered some sort of jealously in him. He didn't want to get into some lovers drama because he already had too many shits to handle.

"You thought so? HAHAHA."

Jay laughed like a hyena as he was looking at the boys.

"I have come to console my bestie with some beer!."

He announced as he lifted the bottles up that was in a brown paper carry bag
(a/n: say no to plastic.)

Kai opened his eyes and mouth wide looking at his boyfriend in disbelief. Taehyun pulled a confused Pikachu face.

"Because I'm certain that you would have bought him only ice cream like a baby you are."

Jay said confidently looking at Kai and wiggled his way into the house, spinning off Kai in the process.

Jay was always this goofy, cheerful, amusing person and he cared for everything that his boyfriend loved including his best friend. He bought beer as he was aware that the only solution to make someone open up, is by giving them some alcohol solution. Moreover, he wanted Taehyun to cheer up as well. And If you're wondering yes, Kai tells everything to him and Taehyun doesn't mind it.

"B-But I don't drink." Taehyun denied.

"Eh?. What you mean you don't drink? We are like 20."

"I never tried it so-"

"So- you're trying it today and gonna cheer up."

Kai was looking at the conversation between both the boys unfold in front of him and spoke,

"Wait, wait hold up. I'm still here"

He said bringing both his hand in the air. One hand, practically on Jay's face.

"You can't make him drink just like that Jay," Kai said folding his hands and pouted.

"Yes. Of course, not straight from the bottle. I need to get glasses."