十五 | You look rather . . . stimulating

十五
comfort in the chaos

The next morning, Kuina was awoken by a loud knock on the door

The next morning, Kuina was awoken by a loud knock on the door. She groaned as she pried her eyes open and sat up on her bed.

Completely in daze, she forced herself to walk over to the door and slid it open.

Sticking his head in was Kisame. He wore a casual garment and a big smile on his face. "Good morning, Kuina-chan," He greeted her. "How was your rest. . ." He trailed off and his smile dropped upon taking a closer look at her face. "Oh dear, you look exhausted."

She rubbed her eyes with her fists, trying to shake herself awake. "Yeah. I couldn't sleep much."

He nodded. "Yes, I can tell . . . But it's alright, you still look adorable." He pressed his lips up into a smile, his words slightly pretentious.

He opened the door wide and beckoned her to come outside. She complied as he closed the door behind her.

"Itachi told me you are anxious, isn't that right? Don't worry, I won't abandon you, Kuina-chan. Leader-sama may be scary, but I'll make sure he doesn't demean you," Kisame stated with optimism sparking in his eyes.

Kuina gave him a weak smile. "Thanks."

"Anyways, as for Itachi, I'm not sure if he is like me. He is hard on every edge, it's hard to find a soft side to him. But there's a saying that the coldest people care the most, so let's hope that's the case."

Kuina pressed her lips into a frown. "It's okay. He has enough burden already, I don't want to burden him more."

Kisame looked at her with raised brows. "You have too much empathy sometimes," he commented as they approached Itachi's room. He turned to it and began to pound his fists at the door. "Finish up your morning routine already, Itachi. Why are you always so slow? Perhaps, you should cut your hair and—"

Itachi slammed the door open with a loud and abrupt thud, cutting Kisame off and causing Kuina to inch back.

"Hold your tongue," he grumbled at Kisame.

Kuina gulped as she looked up at Itachi who was leaning against the door frame. His hair was messily tied up into a low ponytail as if he was in a hurry. His bathrobe was hanging very loosely on his lean body, to the point where she could see a portion of his chest and abdomen. She immediately turned away, her face flushing.

Itachi seemed to finally notice that she was there - or rather remember that she was in the hideout at all - after she began shuffling uncomfortably. He glanced at her and stepped back inside his room, clearing his throat. "Let me dress properly," he muttered to Kisame.

Before Itachi could retreat back inside his room, Kisame pulled him back out and closed the door behind him. "Most of the members here are really excited to meet her. Take her to meet them first, and then you can do your thing." Kisame then leaned closer to Itachi and whispered, "It's fine, don't be bothered by our additional guest, even if she's a girl. You look rather . . . stimulating."