二十八 | There is nothing to see, you are clothed

二十八
no remedy

Itachi sat on the couch in the living room, staring at the clock on the wall

Itachi sat on the couch in the living room, staring at the clock on the wall. The Fragrance had gone into the bathroom for three and a half hours already.

He was exhausted dealing with her. He couldn't wait to deliver her to Pein and get this over and done with.

She was burden. She was trouble.

He didn't know that protecting the Fragrance would mean so much intimacy. He didn't think it would mean that he had to baby her, sustain her, and get so physically and mentally involved with her. And admittedly, he must say, that was the most difficult mission he had ever undergone in all his life. Because normally he just kills. But now, he must nurture.

He frowned at the thought of the closeness he was giving her. He had always been aloof and detached, and he would like to keep it that way.

Yet, it was probably already too late to detach. Even right then, he was contemplating whether he should go check up on her in the bathroom. It wouldn't be appropriate, but it also didn't feel right that she was taking so long. The breakfast he bought for her had already gone cold.

At last, unable to retain his patience, he stood up and walked over to the bathroom. He held his fist up, hesitated, before knocking on it. "Fragrance," he called.

No answer.

He grimaced as he knocked harder. "Fragrance. Are you alright?"

No answer.

"Answer me or I will break in—" he was cut short when the door was pulled open.

The Fragrance stood there, wearing his shirt which looked far too big on her, the hemline receding down just below to her knees. The large collar barely clung onto her small frame, falling over her shoulder. A rush of discomfort filled him when he spotted two noticeable bumps poking through the shirt, making it apparent that she wasn't wearing anything underneath.

He cleared his throat as he respectfully pulled his gaze away, trying not to look down at her frame. Instead, he kept his focus on her face, and he noticed that her eyes and nose were swollen red as if she had been crying but was trying hard to rid of its trace.

She gave him a forced smile, her hair was still dripping wet as if she had just came out of the shower. "Sorry, I took a bit long."

Itachi's brows raised. "What took you so long?" he questioned. "Do you know how long you've kept me waiting? Your food has gone cold."

She shuffled on her feet as she pressed her lips into a thin line. "I-I'll hurry up now," she told him, avoiding his question.

"Answer my question," he ordered.

She breathed out sharply as she peered up at him. She seemed to hesitate but then before long, her brows etched together. "T-Then you promise you won't get mad."