Prepping

The white halls were almost completely empty considering the time of day. Everyone was either in a meeting, training, or out on a mission, apart from the few agents who passed y/n on her way out.

With her duffel bag hanging from her shoulder, she pushed the large doors to the lab open and walked in, her eyes immediately scanning for who she wanted to talk her.

Her face was blank until she saw her friend, which caused a familiar smile to subconsciously grow on her face. When the friend noticed y/n's stare, she smiled back and paused what she was working on.

"The science division looks so much better with you in it." Y/n smiled as she walked over to the desk.

Darcy leant over the desk while rolling her eyes, "Stop it, I hate this place."

She sarcastically hummed, "I can't think why. You've only got this week, haven't you? Then you're leaving?"

"Thankfully. Apart from seeing you everyday, there's nothing good about this place." She shook her head.

"Working in the same job as your girlfriend isn't good?" She raised her brow.

"Monica is away on missions, and I'm stuck in the lab. Even when I'm transferred, we'll see each other the same amount as we have here." She explained.

"How are things with you and monica?" She asked.

"They're good. She flies in from her recent mission tomorrow, so I've book the day off to spend it with her." Her smile grew just talking about monica.

Y/n smiled at how much darcy visibly loved talking about monica, "And how are you? Still holding up okay after the last month?"

"All things considered..." she inhaled and thought for a moment, "I'm doing okay."

Y/n nodded her head with a faint smile and looked down at her hands, thinking of something else to say.

Darcy looked at her with a small smirk, "I heard you and Hayward had a word."

Her head shot up, quickly, "Who told you that?"

"Jack, he told everyone." She told her.

"Of course he did." She muttered to herself with frustration.

"How did it go?" Darcy asked.

"It was alright, it was just about what I wanted out of sword. I called him out on how he treated the maximoff anomaly, which didn't go so well." She laughed slightly.

"How did he take it?"

"He thinks I sympathise with the enemy." She rolled her eyes.

She paused, "you don't though, right?"

"Wha-." Y/n stammered, "No, of course not. The only part of that whole situation that makes me feel anything close to sympathy was for her kids, that's it. Apart from that, I don't care about her at all."

She chuckled and looked down at her work, "harsh."

"Come on, you know how I feel about powered people." She reminded her.

Darcy raised her head and squinted, "Careful what you say, technically, my girlfriends now a powered person."

"That's different, I don't hate monica. I'm talking about people who just recklessly use their powers and hurt people in the process, monica doesn't do that." She explained.

"I'm glad she doesn't. That's why we work so well together." She reminded her. Y/n smiled softly to darcy before looking down at her hands again, which Darcy noticed, "How about you? You seeing anyone?" She asked.

"What?" She laughed slightly, "no."

"Seriously?" Darcy whined, "you're a high ranking agent in a business full of beautiful badass women, you can't find one that you like?"

She chuckled softly, "that's not the problem."

"Then what is?" She asked.

"I just... haven't found the one yet." She shrugged it off, hoping Darcy would drop the topic.

Darcy squinted when she realised that she didn't want to talk about it, before she looked up and noticed who'd walked through the doors, "look who's coming."

She turned around and saw Jack walking to the hangar along with a pilot and a bag over his shoulder.

"Y/n, enough standing around, we're leaving." He called over as he walked past the two.

She rolled her eyes to Darcy, "prick."

"Come on, I'll walk you out." She offered with a small laugh.

"He needs to watch how he talks to me." She told her while waiting for Darcy to walk round the desk.

"Why? You'll kill him?" She joked.

"Yes." She nodded with a serious face.

"No- you can't say that." She whispered while giggling and walking beside her, "is this a cool mission?"

"No, not at all. Probably the most pointless mission I've ever been given." Y/n shook her head as she spoke.

"Wow, including the 2 week stakeout you did in did in Peru?" She hummed, impressed.

"I was a new agent back then, it's different." She explained, "I'm a good agent, I work hard, I'm only late... sometimes, and I've devoted a lot to this agency."

"Don't worry, you'll get the appreciation you deserve one day." She rested her hands in her pockets and stopped walking once the two were at the exit.

She turned and cocked her brow, "sure."

"Not from sword, of course. But from something... or someone." She squinted while saying the last part.

Y/n dropped her head back and groaned, "don't steer the conversation back to that."

"We don't have all day, come on." Jack whined from where he stood at the doors.

"Shut up." Darcy shouted over to him, which made him mutter under his breath and look away.

"I better go before he starts crying." She rolled her eyes.

"I'll come see you when you get back." Darcy smiled.

Darcy stayed still while watching y/n turn away and walk over to the hanger doors, and y/n kept her head round to smile at Darcy as she walked.

"Where's your uniform?" Jack asked before she could even look at him.

"My what?" She fully turned to him with a confused look on her face.

"Your sword uniform, why aren't you wearing it?" He added.

"This is barely a mission, i don't need to have the logo on a shirt to do it." She sarcastically told him.

"There's a spare on in the jet, you'll change on the way there." He scoffed and walked onto the jet.

Darcy overheard and chuckled quietly when y/n turned to look at her one last time before stepping onto the jet.