The sword quartet

An eeriness began to fall into the silence the sudden noise made, but neither of them moved to break it. The doctor and the witch exchanged a look of confusion that received no explanation for a while. That was, until y/n balled her fists beside her and began pulling herself towards its source by holding onto the counter beside her.

"What are you doing?" Darcy whispered, quieter then she ever had before.

Instead of making the entire journey to the other side of the room to find out what made the noise, y/n picked up a small glass beaker which had been left on the counter and gripped it nicely in her hand. Then, without any warning hesitation, she threw it at the wall where the intruder was, her face remaining blank and unbothered by her actions.

"WOAH- WOAH!" Monica yelled out as she stood up from behind the cabinet she ducked beside. When she stood up straight and held her hands out, she squinted, "y/n?"

"What the fuck are you doing hiding behind that stupid little cabinet?" Y/n's brows furrowed as she argued.

"I didn't know who it was, you could've been anyone." She told her, "and it wasn't even my idea."

"Who's was it then?" Y/n asked with an unconvinced shrug.

Without Monica's introduction, Jimmy stood up from where monica emerged from and stood beside her, "hey."

"I mean... at least you're both here." Y/n shrugged and began struggling to pull herself over to a chair in the middle of the room.

Monica instantly picked up on the fact that she was struggling and calmly walked over to her to help her in any possible way she could, or at least make sure she got to the chair okay.

"Where the hell have you been?" Monica asked as she instantly began walking along with her.

"Oh, I just went on a little vacation." Y/n told her while she pulled herself over the the chair by holding onto the countertop.

"A little vacation?" Monica asked, holding her arms out in case y/n was to fall or need help, "you were gone for-."

"I was being sarcastic." She panted as she finally slumped down into the chair and let out a relieved sigh as she relaxed into it.

"God, you're lucky that glass didn't hit us when you threw it." Monica complained, walking back to the other two once y/n was in the chair.

"I didn't know it was you." She shrugged.

"Still, it was really dangerous." Jimmy joined in.

"Why were you guys even in here?" Darcy asked.

Her girlfriend explained, "We were trying to make a plan to get y/n and Wanda out, we didn't know where they were. And we didn't know who entered, so we hid behind that ridiculous little cabinet. Again, Jimmy's idea."

"Awh." Darcy blushed and smiled to herself.

While Monica and Darcy greeted each other once again with a quick kiss and a hug, Jimmy's attention fell on y/n - but more specifically on how physically drained and in pain she looked.

"You don't look too good, are you okay?" Jimmy asked as he examined y/n from where he stood.

"Darcy, can you take this one?" Y/n panted to catch her breath while dropping back down into the chair.

"I'll try." She cleared her throat to catch the attention of Monica and Jimmy, "she basically drained all of her energy by like... blasting blue magic, she just needs to catch her breath. Also, she had a random burst of pain when she came in, but I don't know what that-." She turned quickly, "y/n, do you wanna explain to me what that was?"

"Not right now, no." She panted her way through her pain an exhaustion.

Jimmy, completely baffled, held his hand out to get darcys attention again, "woah, woah, woah- blue-... what?"

Y/n called over for a moment, "hey, Monica, you're not the only one with powers now."

Monica turned to her, "we will need to talk about that later, but for now.. what the hell is going on. Why were you shouting at Hayward? You know, besides the fact that he's a dick."

"Hayward took wanda. He's holding her somewhere in here and I don't know where, I need to find her before something bad happens." She explained.

"Wanda, like... wanda maximoff?" Monica furrowed her brows, continuing her words when she received the nod of confirmation, "how did you get mixed up with wanda?"

"It's a long story, I'll have to tell you later." She panted, the pain she'd just succumbed to fading away slowly in her own body, "guys, you need to help me get wanda out. I cant have Hayward keeping her here."

Jimmy instantly nodded, "Of course, we're going to help you, what's your plan?"

"No plan." Darcy cut y/n off before she could lie about being prepared.

"Right, so we need a plan?" He shrugged and began thinking.

The four minds worked together in something close to harmony as they circled around in the empty and securely locked room. Any suggestion that came to either of their heads was submitted out loud, but most of them were countered by an argument that caused them to drop the idea entirely.

Time flew by quicker than they thought, and now the group had come up with a plan that they felt would work best in their favour. Even if it had any doubts or obstacles, they simply had to ignore them as it was the only plan they really had.

"So everyone knows what we're doing?" Monica made sure once they'd mapped it out.

"Guys... what if this doesn't work?" Darcy asked, not certain if she actually wanted to know that answer.

"Then I'll blow this whole building to shit and pull wanda from the rubble." Y/n finally joined in with the conversation again, catching the attention of everyone, "you guys would get out first, obviously. But That's the only plan we've got." She shrugged from her chair before she pushed herself out of it and made her way over to the circle, "so we need to do this right."

Once y/n completed the circle and turned it in to a square formation, they all shared looks with each other. It was as if they were scanning for any doubt that was visible, or any sign that someone had a better idea. But, like they'd said, that was the only idea they had, so they had to go with it.

Breaking the silence, Jimmy smiled to himself once a thought popped into his head - a thought that was influenced when he realised that the four of them were all standing as a team again.

"The sword quartet is back at it again." He announced with a proud smile.

"Is that..." Monica squinted, "is that really the nickname we're going with?"

"We'll work on it." Y/n shrugged.

And with the last line from y/n, they parted ways to carry out the plan they'd settled for.