One battle of the war

Y/n remained tucked away in the alley to catch her breath, listening to the noises of boxes breaking and agents grunting from the road outside the alley.

Eager to get into the fight again, she rolled up her sleeves and peered her head out to look at how the fight was going without her. Wanda held up one shield in front of herself which was made out of energy, while her other hand flicked back the guards to give her time to think of a more practical plan.

"Fuck it." Y/n shrugged to herself, and prepared to leave the alley to join in, despite what wanda told her.

She slid her hands into her pockets as if it would help her appear casual and innocent for when she was going to cross the street and hopefully sneak around to behind the agents, at least, that was her plan.

However, before she could step out of the alley and onto the pavement, someone leapt out from where they had been hiding in a slither of space in the wall and pounced straight onto Y/n. Y/n managed to pull her hands from her pockets the second she heard a noise, but it wasn't quick enough to stop the person who'd pushed her to the side.

The person masked themselves in a thick black hood which hung down over their face so y/n couldn't see who it was, but they seemed eager and full with intent to hurt y/n just by their force alone.

They pushed y/n back against the wall and attempted to punch her in the face, but y/n was quite easily able to duck and move out of the way from the punch, causing the person to punch the wall.

They grabbed their fist and grunted in pain, so y/n used that opportunity to push them against the wall, pressing her arm along their neck so they couldn't move. While panting, y/n grabbed the top of the hood and pulled it backwards so it could fall off. The hood fell gracefully to reveal that the person y/n was fighting was actually someone she never expected to see again, which completely caught her off guard.

"Domino?" She asked, genuinely shocked.

Domino used y/n's surprised reaction to her advantage and pushed her round and against the wall, panting in her face with a slight growl, "I bet you never thought you'd see me again, huh?"

Y/n's back pressed against the wall harshly as Domino's anger forced her into it, but she smirked down at her, "I hoped." She corrected her.

Just before Domino could respond, y/n kicked her leg round the back of domino's and pulled it down, causing her to fall to the floor and land on her back. Without wasting anytime, y/n dropped with her and straddled her hips to stop her from being able to get up from underneath her.

Domino pulled something from her pocket within seconds and attempted to stab y/n in the leg, but y/n grabbed the enemies wrist without looking just before it could connect. The two girls faces were inches away from each other while they panted for their breath until y/n looked down at her hand to see that she'd stopped domino from stabbing a sharp blade into her leg. The tip of the knife was centimetres away from piercing y/n's leg, but she'd manage to catch it with ease, which impressed her old partner.

After a while of staring at it, y/n turned back to look down at domino, "i've already dealt with a leg injury this year... I don't want another one.."

"Awh, shame." She sarcastically shot back before forcing her body upwards, which pushed y/n off of her and onto the ground.

While y/n landed on the ground, domino stood up and began charging as an attempt to land on her to have the advantage, but y/n shot her legs up and kicked domino back. The second domino hit the floor opposite her, y/n sprung up and balled her fists in front of her, ready for a longer fight.

Panting for her breath, domino slowly rose to her feet again, brushing the dust and gravel from her jacket, "I have waited so long just to kill you. You know, when sword put a target on your back, I couldn't miss the opportunity to jump out of hiding just to come see you."