The way the stars shine

When the night finally took its place of hovering over the plains and the cabin, the girls had parted to have as nice of a sleep as they could, considering the stressful day they had.

There y/n was, back on her place on the couch. Neither of them really planned the designated rooms for the foreseeable future, for they never really thought about it, just the present they were in now.

So, almost instinctively, y/n just stretched herself across the couch and lied there, staring up into the darkness of the ceiling which was looking back down at her. Although she was so very tired, her eyes stayed fixated on the ceiling in the darkness for no particular reason.

She just seemed to find that her eyes were glued to the darkness while her thoughts raced and battled within her head. Her fingers occasionally drummed against the back of her other hand as she thought, but that was an instinct rather than a conscious action. Soon, the time became a blur to y/n, which made her oblivious to the fact that so much of it had gone by.

Meanwhile, wanda walked around in her room. The light from her lamp dimly shone, providing only a slither of visibility, but it was enough for wanda. She paced around on the wooden floor as quietly as she could, hoping not to wake y/n - who she assumed was asleep.

However, after mentally flicking back through everything that had happened in the day, wanda considered the possibility that y/n wasn't able to sleep.

As a result of this, she quietly opened the door of her bedroom and crept out into the living room, the soft light spewing through into the hallway.

"Are you awake?" Wanda asked.

Snapping out of her trance, y/n sat up slightly so wanda was able to see her, "Yeah."

"Come with me." She softly ordered and, without any doubt about y/n's obedience, she began walking towards the front door.

While pushing herself off of the couch entirely, y/n asked,"Where are you going?"

"It's 'where are we going'" wanda corrected her as she opened the door.

Y/n lingered by the couch for longer than she should've, but when she realised that wanda was in fact serious about wherever she was headed to, she sighed to herself and made her way out of the cabin.

Luckily, it didn't take long for y/n to join wanda at her side, purely due to the fact that wanda had waited for her to leave the cabin.

"Okay, where are we going?" Y/n repeated, sliding her hands into her sweatpants for warmth in the cold breeze of the midnight air.

"Your impatience still amazes me, y/n." Wanda hummed as she began leading her guest around to the back of the cabin.

Y/n furrowed her brows, but followed, "You're not taking me out here to kill me, are you?"

"We've already had this conversation, we couldn't possibly be anywhere further away from society, why would I make the effort to go even further?" She explained, more focused on dragging down a weak looking wooden shaft which had been tucked under the hung over roof.

While wanda set up what appeared to be a ladder, y/n's attention wandered around the place, looking into the darkness all around them. However, before she could once again dive into a trance, wanda cleared her throat to gain her attention.

"Here we go." She nodded her head at the ladder that she'd set up before she began carefully climbing it.

"What is-." Y/n began to ask, while watching wanda climb to the roof, but soon let it go, "okay." She released her hands from her pockets and climbed the ladder once wanda had gotten onto the roof.

"Here." Wanda held out her hand as she perched on the roof.

Taking her hand and holding it tightly, y/n pulled herself up from the final step of the ladder so the two of them were cautiously standing on the roof. Without saying anything, they both sat down on the peak at the same time and instinctively tilted their heads up to look at the stars.

"The stars look so beautiful from here." Wanda mentioned, "I'm obsessed with the way they shine."

While listening, y/n smiled slightly to herself at how much wanda genuinely loved seemingly normal things. That's what she liked about her, wanda thought about everything and appreciated it, no matter how small.

"I've never really noticed how nice they are." Y/n hummed.

"I'm glad you're finally noticing it now." Wanda smiled, but her head remained facing the sky.

"Yeah, I would never have appreciated them if it weren't for my plane spontaneously stopping mid flight." She joked. However, when she heard no response coming from wanda, she turned to see that her eyes were already on her, "too soon?"

"No," Wanda chuckled softly, "it's funny."

She sighed in relief, "good, because I'm going to be making a lot more of those jokes."

Wanda smiled, her eyes remaining on y/n's face, even when y/n turned to the sky again, "I'm counting on it."

After her sentence ended, wanda turned her head back to the stars so that they were both watching them together. Then, in that moment, it became clear to them that they were receiving a warmth in their hearts from the comfort of being beside each other once again.

It was symbolic, really. The wall that blocked them in the very beginning had now - literally - been removed. The two were finally sitting side by side on the rooftop, watching the stars together. The wall being the barrier between the two had been lifted, and they were admiring the stars together, after all that time.

There they were, sitting in the reflection of the twilight moon as it shone over the immediate area, highlighting the beauties within the isolated location.

Now, the only thing that could break the final barrier was for them to admit their feelings to each other.

[A/N: this is the last 'boring' one, my angels, shit gets good from here on out I promise you that. have a nice day/night :)]