Ulterior motive

The swarm of agents continued patrolling around the same market Aniyah pointed to, their guns pointing down to their sides as if it would make them appear less threatening to the peaceful residents of the village.

Most of the time, they were silent, apart from the few times they'd murmur updates to each other. They all wore coms in their ear which were connected to more agents that were either back in sword or scattered around wherever the plane might've crashed.

The agents were so focused on prying on the area they were in, that they didn't see y/n walking down the road that led to the market, but y/n saw them.

The second she saw the backs of the agents scouring around the market place, a smile grew on her face. She was finally going home, back to the people she considered family - her friends.

However, before she could get close enough to signal to the agents that she was finally found, she was grabbed by the arm and pulled into an alleyway.

Her instinct to fight back was completely shut down when she realised who had pulled her into the alleyway. For moments, she just stared and waited for them to finally look at her. After they stopped peering around to the agents, they looked y/n in the eyes.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Y/n shouted.

"Shhh, sh." Wanda cut her off, "don't yell, people will hear you."

"Wha- are-" she stammered as she couldn't process what happened, "what the fuck are you doing here?"

"I'm saving your fucking ass, AGAIN." She snapped, still keeping her voice as low as she could.

"Oh, really?" She sarcastically asked, "I thought you wanted me to go?"

She scoffed, "Yeah, I wanted you to go, not to get killed."

"I am not gonna get killed, they're sword, they know me." She explained, "because i'm such a violently aggressive sword agent, you remember that?"

Without realising it, the two were tucked away in an ally, bickering like a married couple while the sword agents patrolled through the streets.

"They're here to kill you." Wanda corrected her.

Y/n stared at her in shock before she started laughing, "you are fucking unbelievable."

"Seriously, y/n, I'm not fucking around." She warned her.

"Oh, you're not? So was it part of your plan to blame me for my brothers death? Or was that just fucking around?" She sarcastically mocked her.

Wanda bit back the urge to explain everything right then and there because she needed to protect the both of them, "look. If you wanna hate me, fine, you have every right to. What I said was fucked up, and out of line, whether I meant it or not. But, please... I know we argued, but I cant have you going back to sword knowing they're gonna hurt you."

While she quietly caught her breath, y/n debated whether or not she was going to let down the massive barrier she put back up right after their argument.

"Why? Because you wouldn't be able to live with yourself knowing you hurt another person?" She guessed.

"Because I wouldn't be able to live without you." Wanda told her.

The two stood there, their eyes finally reconnecting with a bond that wasn't anger or fear. They would've been able to stare at each other for a lot longer until the noise of the people in the village outside of the alley interrupted them.

Footsteps hastily paced away from the market place with mumbles and whispers, which the girls picked up on. To see what was happening, they both peered their head around the wall that enclosed them in to see only the agents standing in the market.