The plan in motion

With her head held her and her confidence perched tall, Doctor Darcy Lewis made her way through the familiarities of her old work place and to the doors gating the science division. As always, there were two guards blocking the doorway, both dressed in the sword attire and equipped with guns.

"Good evening, gentleman." She greeted them, but they didn't move a muscle, so she tried a different method, "god, these late hours are starting to get insane, am I right?"

One of them finally spoke, "Name?"

"Darcy Lewis." She cleared her throat and dropped all intentions of having a friendly talk.

After a brief moment of checking through the board behind him, he turned back and looked at Darcy with the same, stone cold expression. He didn't say another word - instead, he just opened the door behind him and watched her walk through.

"It was that easy?" Y/n asked through the communications they each had in their ears.

While Darcy entered the secured science division of the building, y/n remained in the same room with her back hunched over and a computer on the countertop in front of her. Monica left at the same time as Darcy, but they both had very different parts of the plan to attend to. And, lastly, Jimmy was standing beside y/n, looking over her shoulder and at the computer screen, trying to understand whatever he could. Even though they were all completing wildly different parts of the idea they'd come up with, they were all linked with the coms in their ears, so they'd always be in contact.

"Again, I'm still a recognised agent, y/n." She told her - trying her best to make it seem as though she wasn't talking to herself as she walked around the almost empty part of the building.

There were few scientists occupying their stations, and the occasional agent blocking an exit or scanning for trouble were in the sector. None of them looked at Darcy as if she was an intruder as they had previously been social with her when she worked there.

The desk she was looking for was the furthest from the door and, unfortunately, the worker remained habituating it like always. However, she didn't dwell on it, and she allowed herself to come up with her own little plan while she walked there.

When she stood in front of the desk of the man with the control on the electricity, she put on her act and lighted herself with a smile.

"Hey, chris." She smiled.

He raised his head, his focused expression dropping to surprise, "doctor Lewis? I thought you quit."

"Yeah, well I just got done talking with Hayward and he wanted me to get you." She lied.

"What?" He scrunched his face in confusion.

"He wants to talk to you." She told him. His face dropped even further the moment he heard that, which Darcy thought to play on, "and, wow, he did not seem happy."

"Oh... my god." He panicked, pushing himself out of his seat and trying to leave his desk, "oh my god."

Once his panicked scientist had vacated the desk to find Hayward, Darcy smiled to herself and sat down in the now free chair. She pulled it closer to the desk and began fishing through everything on his computer while y/n spoke in her ear.

"How's it going, Darcy, everything alright?" She asked.

"Yep, I'm just about to see if Chris still has full access to the buildings security." She explained, her focus completely captured by the screen, "it's ridiculous that Hayward hasn't put proper security measures for this."

"Well, he's not the smartest, is he?" Y/n told her.

"He's about to look pretty stupid right now." She hid a chuckle before tapping her fingers on the controls to a hallway light as fast as she could.