So far, so good

The girl who was seemingly hell-bent on finding her love was now pacing around the middle of the empty room while her best friend, Jimmy woo, sat in the chair and watched the computer. Her pace grew the more she went without darcy or Monica's words, and nothing Jimmy could do would've helped with her swelling panic.

The doctor, who paced the halls with the usb stick gripped tightly in her hand, came to a halt the moment she saw that two new agents had been assigned to Hayward's door. She stopped and lingered by the hallway to assess the situation. Hayward was still vacant from his office, but Monica was stuck inside of it without the item she needed, while the agents were keeping the two apart.

Darcy would've stayed for longer and thought of her own plan, but her intentions were cut short the moment she made eye contact with one of the gentlemen at the door. His brows instantly dropped in an almost shocked expression, but he didn't move from his position. Even then, the doctor subtly paced her way back to y/n and Jimmy, fearing she'd be the one to get caught and ruin the plan.

She opened the secured door with a sharp push after possibly identifying herself and continued her pace until she was standing in the room with two of her accomplices.

Jimmy innocently looked happy to see Darcy again, whereas y/n was slightly confused. It wasn't that she wasn't happy to see that Darcy made it back okay, but Monica hadn't told her that she received the usb, which was vital to finding wanda. Which, of course, was all she cared about in that moment.

Y/n glanced at the object Darcy held out in her hand, and then up at Darcy with the same confused expression cemented into her face.

"I thought you were bringing this to Monica." Y/n told her, taking it from her hands anyway.

"I was but-." She calmed down, "there were agents guarding the room, I wouldn't have been able to get in there."

"That's fine, I'll just do-." She turned to leave.

Before she could make her first step to the door, Darcy lunged forward and grabbed her wrist in a sudden and impulsive moment of panic.

"You can't go out there, if they see you, they'll kill you instantly." She warned her.

"Monica needs this. She won't be able to get past his security measures, surely this will do it for her."

"But you can't go out there, y/n."

"Then how else am I supposed to fucking-." She paused when she saw her solution.

In the silence y/n's contemplation left, Darcy squinted, "what?" She asked, "whenever you go silent like that it means you're about to do something stupid."

"I have an idea." She squinted ever so slightly at the plan that formed in her head.

Then, after instantaneously deciding her next moves, she stood from the chair and up onto the counter with a casual calmness around her. While standing up straight on the countertop, she began pulling the screws from the grate from the vent and placing them on the counter beside her, which perfectly displayed her intentions to the two friends in case it was unclear.

"That's... unsafe, right?" Jimmy asked, looking at Darcy for answers, "surely that's unsafe."

She hummed in agreement, "Yeah, y/n, you didn't think this through, did you?"

"I said it was an idea." Y/n grunted as she finally pulled the cover off, then she sighed calmly and lightly tossed it onto the ground, "not a good one."

"Just please be careful." Jimmy warned her, "and we will get you out of you need us to."

She chuckled softly, "Jimmy, I'll be fine."