Old family recipe

The fire crackled once again, and the heat warmed up the whole inside of the cabin. Wanda sat on the floor by the coffee table, eagerly waiting for y/n to finish what she was doing in the kitchen.

The scent from the soup drifted through the air and over to the fire, causing wanda to grow hungrier and hungrier the more she waited.

Soon, her patience ended and she sighed, turning to face the kitchen, "are you done?"

With a smile, she called back, "Patience, miss maximoff."

"Wha- I am being patient." She whined, "I've been sitting here for..." she paused the think.

"12 minutes." She answered for her while she took the bowls of soup off the counter.

"Really?" Wanda asked herself as y/n brought the dinner round to the table.

"And you think I'm the impatient one." She playfully rolled her eyes.

She placed the two bowls on the table to gently sit herself on the floor without hurting her leg. When she was sitting comfortably, she leant her back against the sofa and took her bowl from the table, holding it in her lap.

"I have high hopes for this." Wanda looked back at her.

Wanda moved forward and slotted her crossed legs under the coffee table so she could rest the bowl on it and eat without having to hold it.

"And it will meet those hopes, I can assure you." She sipped the warm soup off of the end of the spoon and smiled and dropped her head back at the comfort it brought.

Not only did it bring a sense of her own home to the middle of nowhere that she was in, but it also reminded her of all the times her and her family would enjoy the same soup for dinner.

Her head stayed lying back until she heard a satisfied moan from wanda as a result of her taking her first sip of the soup.

"Oh, wow." She nodded, "this is amazing."

She smiled at how wanda enjoyed it, "It's an old family recipe."

She nodded with a smile, "Well, it's a very good recipe."

"Secret ingredient." Y/n began explaining, catching wandas attention, "don't ask, I will not disclose."

With a giggle, wanda took another sip of her soup and nodded in satisfaction, "you've impressed me with this, y/n."

"It is one of my talents." She bragged with a smirk.

"Cooking. I'll make a list." She told her.

Y/n's smile remained until her hair slid off of her shoulders and got into her face to the point where she couldn't ignore it.

"Oh, for fucks sake." She groaned.

"What?" Wanda chuckled at her reaction.

"My hair keeps getting in my face." She complained, pushing it back over her shoulder in annoyance.

She shrugged, "Just put it in a plait."

Y/n plunged to silence and hoped the topic went away as she predicted exactly how wanda would react. Although, of course, wanda didn't let the topic get brushed under the rug, and she turned to see her with a confused look on her face.

"What?" Wanda asked with a squint.

She muttered, "I can't plait my own hair."

"Let me do it." Was what wanda replied with.

Y/n furrowed her brows, expecting a completely different reaction before she shook her head, "no."

"Why?" She squealed.

"I don't like people touching my hair." She adamantly shook her head with a chuckle.

"So you'd rather keep getting your hair in your face then just letting me plait it in 5 minutes?" She cocked her brow.

She nodded, "yep."

Even when y/n turned her attention back to her dinner, wanda's eyes remained on her with a small, lingering smile.

"You can do so many things, but plaiting your hair isn't one of them?" She bragged, knowing it would annoy her.

She rested her spoon in her bowl and dropped her head back, "wow." Then looked at wanda, "are you ever gonna let this go?"

"Not until you let me plait it for you." She shrugged again.

"Fine." She sighed, looking down into her bowl.

"You'll let me plait it?" Her eyes lit up.

Then she looked up at wanda, "'fine' I'll put up with you annoying me about it because I'm not letting you touch my hair."

"Wow." She laughed, taking yet another sip from her soup.

As y/n put another spoonful of soup in her mouth, her eyes wandered to whatever rested on the table they were eating on.

Of all the things on the table, one particular thing caught her interest. While furrowing her eyes brows, she leant forward to pick it up so she could examine it even more.

With it in her hands, she slumped back against the couch, causing wanda to turn around and look at her. Y/n turned the item around to show wanda and looked at her with a surprised smirk.

"What?" Wanda asked.

"You read killing eve?" She asked, hinting towards the book she held in her hands.

She nodded, "I've gotta have something to distract me from listening to you complain about the rain."

"Haha." She sarcastically laughed while examining the cover of the book, "have you seen the show?"

"THERES A SHOW?!" She yelled out of excitement.

Y/n chuckled softly at the excitable reaction she got from wanda, "yes, miss maximoff, there's a show. We should watch it."

She cocked her brow and smirked, "we?"

Realising what she said, she froze, "I-." She tried her best to cover it up, "or just you, we don't-... we don't have to, it was just a suggestion."

While y/n turned her attention to something else to hide her face, wanda kept the smirk on her lips and the glisten in her stare. The stare that always seemed to stay on y/n, regardless of what she was doing.

"Yes, we should." She agreed.

As the slight embarrassment faded, y/n looked back at wanda with a faint smile, although she didn't say anything. Mostly because she didn't need to say anything. Their stares said more than enough to each other.

"But, i can't." She shrugged, "I don't have a tv." She pointed to where the tv would've been. Instead of the couches all facing a lovely tv, they surrounded a warm fireplace.

"Cant you just magic one in for us?" She suggested with a casual shrug.

Wanda's face scrunched up in confusion, "what exactly do you think my powers are?"

Then, she paused to think, "red... things?"

At the unexpected answer, wanda dropped her head down to cover up how much she was laughing. Then she looked back at y/n with a smile on her face, "You have so much left to learn, y/n."