Companionship in the night

"Jesus fucking christ." Y/n complained with a groan as she dragged the chair behind her, it's legs scraping along the grass.

Now that the night had made its way to their little corner of the world, the heat started to calm down more, which was perfect for y/n. They remained around the fire for as long as they wanted, knowing that nothing could've taken them away from it.

However, after a while of their jokes and conversations, a series of yawns that were emitted from the two soon hinted that it was time to call it a night.

With their empty bottles in hand, they both began lifting the chairs back up to where they belonged, on the porch. Wanda almost effortlessly lifted hers by subtly using her powers, whereas y/n struggled slightly.

"How did you even get these both out here without a struggle?" She asked as she continued dragging the chair.

"I used my powers, obviously." Wanda casually stood by the door and watched y/n make her way over to the porch.

Y/n sighed as she placed the chair on the floor to lean against it so she could take a break, "if you can use your powers then why am I even helping?"

"You offered to." Wanda reminded her with a smile.

"Oh, right." With a deep breath, she picked the chair up with one hand once again.

A small smirk appeared on wanda's face as she called over, "and here I was thinking you'd be strong enough to lift a chair."

"Wha- okay, it's not heavy, it's just awkward to carry with one hand." She corrected her, hinting to the bottle she held in her other hand.

With a giggle, wanda held out her hand, "pass me the bottle."

Obliging, y/n lightly tossed the bottle which wanda caught nicely. This allowed her to lift the chair with both hands and make it over to the porch with minimal effort, where she then placed it on the floor.

Brushing her hands together, she looked over at wanda, "strength." She jokingly winked.

"Impressive." Wanda hummed and turned away to hide the fact that she was blushing.

When y/n realised why wanda had pointlessly turned away, she smiled to herself before clearing her throat.

"Shall we?" She asked, hinting to the open door.

"Of course, unless you wanna sleep out side on the porch." Wanda sarcastically told her as she walked into the house ahead of her.

In a monotone voice that y/n put on, she replied, "very funny."

While y/n closed the door, wanda lightly dropped the two empty bottles into the bin before turning around to leave the kitchen.

Instinctively, she began walking into her own room, subconsciously expecting y/n to naturally follow her like she did last night, so she didn't doubt it. However, when she realised that she hadn't made it a routine thing, she paused at her doorway and turned back around to see y/n already looking at her.

"Uh-." Wanda awkwardly lingered by her door for a few seconds, hoping she'd be able to ask y/n if she wanted to share the bed again. However, the longer she didn't ask, the more awkward the silence became, which forced her to retreat, "goodnight."

"Goodnight, wanda." Y/n softly smiled back, watching her walk into her room and close the door.

In the silence wanda's exit left, y/n dropped her head down and held herself up by placing her hands on the back of the couch. She sighed deeply, battling with the conflicting thoughts that duelled within the depths of her mind.

Her fists balled around the back of the couch as she considered taking a step - the step that they both very clearly hesitated taking.

Taking in a deep breath, she pushed herself off of the back of the couch and walked down the hall, heading straight for wanda's door.

When the sound of the door opening reached wanda's ears, wanda didn't move. She stayed still, lying where she was, but her eyes were now open.

Y/n didn't provide an explanation as she walked around to what seemed to become her side of the bed. She gently pulled back the covers and slid under them, burying herself under its comfort.

That's when she felt wanda turning ever so slightly, her confusion obvious in her pace and movement.

Before wanda could ask anything, y/n told her, "It's not a big deal, don't make it a thing."

Biting back her smile in the darkness, wanda turned back, the love burning within her heart even more.

Even though wanda was satisfied by just having y/n lying beside her, y/n wanted to be even closer. It was an assurance that she wouldn't lose her, really. Because that's what she was afraid of. That someone, or something, would tear them apart, and she felt it coming.

So, instead of continuing at the slow pace they were both taking, y/n decided to draw herself as close to wanda as she could get - for now, at least.

Again, without an explanation, y/n shifted closer to wanda, so close to the point where she could feel wanda's back pressed against her stomach.

Wanda didn't say anything, nor did she resist in any way, shape, or form. Instead, she waited patiently and excitedly for what y/n was doing.

Y/n wrapped one arm across wanda's stomach and pulled her into a hug, making them closer than they'd ever been.

"Or you can make it a thing, if you want." Y/n told her before burying her head comfortably in the space between wanda's neck and shoulder.

Wanda quietly giggled to herself, pushing herself backwards to be as close to y/n as she physically could, which y/n didn't mind at all.

"We'll see what the tomorrow brings." Wanda teased, resting her hand on top of y/n's before they both closed their eyes.