Its not the end, yet

"Darcy's gonna create a diversion, then I'm getting you the hell out of here." Y/n spoke, her eyes still examining the wall.

However, Wanda Maximoff offered no response in return. Instead, she panted through her pain and closed her eyes as tightly as she could. And, of course, her silence brought a confusion out of y/n.

"Wanda?" She turned to look at her. With once last glance back at the door, y/n dropped down to wanda's level and moved a strand of her hair out of her face, "we're getting out of here, okay?"

"I can't." She shook her head.

"No, I'm going to do it for you." She assured her before holding the device in her ear again, "how's that diversion coming along?"

With a panicked voice, Darcy explained, "I can't get them distracted- I'm doing whatever I can, y/n, they're not moving from your door. They really want you guys, so you might need to find another way out."

"That's not an option." She grunted, frustrated by not being able to instantly help wanda, "I don't care what you have to do, just get those fucking guards away from the door."

"Y/n-." Wanda's head slumped back.

"Hey-." Y/n gently held the back of her neck and positioned her head up so the two were able to meet eyes, "wanda, I'm getting you out of here, okay? I don't care what I have to do... but we are leaving. You're going to be okay, wanda. You're my first priority." She promised her, "now and always."

Wanda looked up at y/n with her wide and loving eyes. That was all she could do, really; look into the eyes of her lover and hope it would be enough to distract her from the pain she was in. And, as she had expected, it did.

"Wait, I think I've almost got them." Darcy announced.

"Let me help you up," y/n perched herself up ever so slightly, "I've just gotta-."

As she was preparing to guide wanda up onto her feet for their extraction, she was finally able to see the damage that had been inflicted on wanda's arm. She saw the thin line of blood pooling around where it's claws dug in, and the red swells of pain which were spread across her arms. That was when she decided that she was no longer going to try to rush wanda, not even if their lives depended on a swift exit.

"Okay, they're distracted, go." Monica told her, her hopefulness evident in her tone.

However, y/n didn't go. She didn't spring up with desperation to leave, she didn't grab wanda with the desire to flee, and she didn't prepare herself with the intention of putting up a fight.

"Y/n, what are you doing?" Darcy asked through the coms, her panic audible in her voice, "this is your window, get out."

Y/n didn't reply. In fact, she didn't even give any kind of signal that she heard what Darcy said. Instead, she only focused on wanda who was slumped against the wall.

"How can we get these off?" Y/n asked, referring to the restraints dug into wanda's arms.

With a groan, she replied, "you can't." She panted, trying to catch her strained breath, "you can't get them off."

"Y/n, get the hell out of there, we can't keep these agents distracted forever." Jimmy, also speaking through the coms, desperately warned her.

Ignoring them, she tried to suggest, "There has to be some way, wanda-."