Slowly but surely

After spending most of the night on the roof for a lot longer than planned, the girls did eventually go back to their beds. However, unlike the previous attempt, y/n had joined wanda in her bed once again, but didn't say anything.

Even though they were both in the same bed, wanda woke up alone. But not because y/n didn't want to be with her any longer, but because she'd noticed something last night that she swore to sort out in the morning before wanda could awaken.

Over her time with wanda, mostly before their argument, y/n had gained a small collection of clothes that wanda had transformed for her. It was mainly combat trousers for the day and sweatpants for the night, but y/n was more than content with the selection.

While in the living room, she changed out of her sweatpants and into her current favourite pair of black combat trousers. Then, for a slight change of appearance, she put on the white vest wanda had made for her, only because she knew y/n would soon get unbearably hot.

So, with the new outfit on, y/n left through the front door as quietly as she could and stepped out onto the fresh grass. Peering to the side, she saw the axe and the pile of wood still scattered around by the stump, just as they were when she last visited them.

Without wasting any time, she gripped the handle of the axe and began setting up chunks of wood for her to cut. It wasn't necessarily for the fire, as the weather was getting hotter, but it was for comfort. She realised that she started to like cutting the chunks of wood with the axe, and it was still helpful, anyway.

It didn't take too long for wanda to start realising the noise coming from outside which had woken her up. However, unlike last time, she didn't panic about it, as she predicted exactly what it was when she realised y/n wasn't on her side of the bed.

Although she knew it was y/n and therefore had no need to be worried, she still pulled herself out of bed and stretched while making her way out of the house. She was still stretching until she realised how late in the day it really was. Of course, they did stay out watching the stars for a long time, but she never expected the time to pass so quickly.

With the last stretch, she left through the slightly ajar front door and down the steps. Y/n heard the gentle sound of the wood tapping underneath wanda's weight, but she didn't turn her head, not until she heard wanda clearing her throat.

The second y/n saw the smile on wanda's face, she instantly assumed that it was just recreating the same time she'd cut wood outside before.

Y/n stopped, resting the axe on the ground beside her, "alright, now you're up, do your magic thing and finish it all." She waved her hand over the pile of wood next to her.

Wanda didn't reply with anything, not even a witty remark. Instead, she walked over to the pile that y/n had shoved together in a rush and she took a piece of wood from it.

"What time did you get up?" Wanda asked as she placed the wood on the stump for y/n to chop.

With her heart warming in her chest, y/n picked up the axe once again and swung it behind her, "about half an hour ago." She told her before forcefully bringing the axe down to strike the wood.

"I cant believe we slept in for that long." Wanda mentioned, picking up another piece of wood from the pile, "are you not in that weird state of 'ive woken up in the afternoon and I feel weird as shit'?"

While watching wanda place the wood on the stump, she tightened her grip on the handle of the axe and swung it backwards, "surprisingly, I'm not." She shrugged before swinging the axe down and, with a sigh, turning to wanda, "I am hot, though."

Wanda hummed, "yeah, i can tell by the fact you're in a vest but, of course, you've still got your combat pants on." She nodded and smiled, "it's just lucky I can change them for you whenever you want, or we'd have a real problem."