The power within

Y/n managed to keep herself relatively calm while the guards escorted her out of the building as she thought they'd just leave her at the front doors and ban her from entering, but that's not what they did at all.

The moment they left the door, they tightened their hold on y/n's arms and began pulling her along the gravel and over to a slick, black car which clearly awaited her. It didn't take long for her to put the pieces together, and only then did she started to put up a fight.

The first thing she did was try and use the magic she now harboured. So, she tried to push whatever energy she could out of her restricted arms, but nothing followed the tenseness. She hadn't had them long enough to fully understand them, so she couldn't give reasoning as to why they weren't working. The fact that she couldn't figure out what was happening in her own body began to make her frustrated as well as panicked.

When she realised the magic might let her down, she dug her feet into the ground and attempted to pull her arms away from the agents' holds. As they continued to pull her along, she pushed the gravel under her shoes along with her, leaving two lines on the ground behind her.

The more the agents tightened their grip on her arms, the more she felt a frustration boiling up inside of her, and the harder it was to stop. Not only was it frustration, but it was the feeling of the energy inside of her finally waking up.

However, instead of the energy smoothly and calmly making its way to her hands for her to control it to her own desire, it completely took over her as it expanded like a fire in the open air. The guards didn't notice what was happening to the girl they dragged in their arms, which was, of course, a disadvantage for them.

By the time they had made it to the car, y/n felt the energy everywhere in her body, waiting eagerly for its release under the thin barrier of her skin. She remained stationary with it at first, hoping to give the agents one last chance to change their minds.

But, the agents didn't. As one opened the back door to the car, the other gripped her arms with a force that hurt her, and she suddenly let go of her resistance.

The wave of ocean blue energy instantly flooded from what seemed to be every point of her body. It completely filled the surrounding air and pushed the guards down to the ground and far away from her in its force. It took moments for all of the energy to finally drain from her, and once it did, it hit her hard.

The moment the energy had left her body entirely, she dropped to her knees and her hands crashed against the gravel of the ground. Her head pounded so much that she didn't see nor hear the sound of the car which was speeding across the gravelled land, travelling in her direction.

She panted heavily, catching her breath as the blue lights fully retreated back into her veins. Her hands were spread out on the gravel as she held herself up, but the slight ache of the small rocks digging into her skin didn't bother her, simply because she was too focused on the weight the energy pulled from her.

The outburst of energy had pulled all of the strength out of her arms and legs, so she panted and waited for it to return to her, at least enough so that she could stand herself up.

The car that approached instantly stopped at a force which almost sent it tipping forward, but the driver didn't care. The driver shoved their car door open and ran their way over to y/n on the ground with a worried pant. The moment they were close enough to y/n, they slid down on the ground to be at her level, and they placed their arm over y/n's shoulder.