Breakfast

Not much time had passed and Wanda still roamed around the kitchen, gathering various items from cupboards to prepare a nice breakfast.

While wanda hummed her way around the kitchen, y/n sat on a chair that she'd positioned to face the window. She clipped the curtain back to be able to see out of it while sitting comfortably in the chair. Her eyes stayed glued to the weather, even though it hadn't changed since, but she would occasionally bounce her leg in the same tune that wanda hummed without realising it.

"What do you want for breakfast?" Wanda turned around to ask.

"I don't want anything." She shrugged back without removing her attention from the rainfall.

After the small smile she subconsciously let out due to wandas excitement earlier, y/n started to suspect that she was going to get too comfortable with her. So, as always, she tried to push herself away and close herself off so that no one would get hurt.

With a small sigh, wanda turned fully and rested one hand on her hip while leaning the other hand on the edge of the counter, "You'll have to eat something at some point, you know?"

"At some point, yes." She nodded blandly, "but not now."

Her slightly frustrated sigh turned to a small smile when she realised what y/n was doing, "Are you seriously gonna stare at the rain until it stops?"

Without showing any signs of joking, she called back, "Yep."

"What if it takes all day?" She suggested with a playful tone.

"I'm hoping I have some kind of dormant superpower that'll turn it off if I stare at it long enough." Her monotone voice explained to Wanda.

"Of course." Wanda's small smile remained, even when she turned around and stopped looking at her.

Sensing that wandas attention was no longer on her, y/n peeked her head round to see her lightly dancing to the tune she hummed to herself. The stone cold expression she held up melted away at the flames of the warm comforting feeling that sparked in her heart for a brief moment.

She had no idea what the feeling was, nor could she provide any kind of reasoning as to why she felt such a feeling around someone she hadn't even known for too long.

The silence they left lasted for a few moments until wandas humming grew louder to a volume that she knew y/n would be able to hear. She turned to grab something from the fridge and used the opportunity to see how her guest reacted to the humming.

Instead of complaining or requesting for the silence to return, y/n gently and subtly bounced her leg and nodded her head in the same tune wanda hummed.

Sparked by the memory, a smile grew on wandas face and remained there while she walked back over to the counter, "Pietro used to do that." She mentioned, smiling down into her plate while she began buttering the toast.

Guessing what wanda meant, y/n stopped moving and pretending she'd never started, "Do what?"

"Bounce his leg in the same tune of whatever I was humming." She explained.

She shrugged, "Everyone does that."

"Yeah, but I know you're doing it because part of you wants to dance to music, but the other half is too shy to actually do it." Without moving her attention from what she was doing, wanda explained, "and that's exactly what pietro would do."

"That's not why I'm-." She stopped herself from correcting her, "alright."

"What about you, do you have any siblings?" She asking, hoping to keep the conversation.

Her breath hitched for a split second before she covered it by clearing her throat, "I, uh-... I had a brother."

Wanda instantly sensed the fact that it hurt y/n to talk about, so she very subtly steered the conversation to a different direction, "then you'll know how fucking annoying they are."

At the unexpected reply, a chuckle escaped her before it sizzled out when she realised she was actually laughing. Wanda smiled to herself while looking over her shoulder at her. Even if y/n wouldn't immediately come out with all of her feelings, wanda waited for the little moments where she'd let an emotion slip.

Smiling at the memory, y/n called back, "god, he was such an annoying little shit sometimes."

Wanda huffed a laugh, "you can say that again."

Like wanda waited for, y/n let go of the stone cold barrier she put up without realising to enjoy the conversation. She turned around quickly and placed her hand on the back of her chair, looking at wanda with a smirk.

"Hey, at least yours had a skill. He could do whatever you wanted him to if you convinced him enough." Then she turned back round and slumped back into the chair with a lingering smile.

She nodded in agreement, "That's true. After a lot of convincing, he would use his speed to do things for me."

"God, he was so fast." She hummed before hearing another thundering roar from outside, "just like lightning."

Wanda smiled, "like lightning, that's the perfect description. Really fast and annoyingly loud."

Crossing her arms gently, y/n thought. She stared deeply into the wood surrounding the window and thought about what wanda had just said, before she was interrupted out of her trance.

"I'll be eating this in my room," wanda briefly explained, "if you want anything, knock on my door." Then she walked off into her own room.

Purely out of her own curiosity, y/n turned slightly to see if wanda was completely back in her room. When she realised that wanda was, she started to turn around again until she saw something on the table.

She left her seat with the intent to get straight back into it after, but when she saw what was on the table, she let out a sigh which also dragged out the stone cold mood she was putting up.

On the table was a full plate of breakfast that wanda had left there for her, set out with utensils and a cutely folded napkin.