More days, more rain

The rain shot down onto the wood of the roof, creating a small gentle tapping sound that echoed through the inside of the cabin.

Wanda woke up at a good time, as she usually did, and walked out into the living room, expecting to see y/n already awake or at least stirring.

However, when she finally saw the couch, she saw that her guest was very clearly in a deep sleep.

She stood there for a moment, watching how much y/n had snuggled up into the soft, red blanket. As she saw every moment where the blanket would rise as she inhaled, and sink when she exhaled, a comforting feeling grew over her.

The comforting feeling she got from seeing how cosy y/n was could've fuelled her to stand there all day, but she didn't want the day to be wasted.

While trying to remain quiet, wanda crept around the kitchen to make two mugs of coffee. Surprisingly, through all the noises and clinks she made in her efforts to make the drinks, y/n didn't wake up at all.

It was only when wanda brought the mugs over that y/n began to stir into an awake state, almost as if she subconsciously wanted to be awake to talk to wanda.

The mug made a gentle tap as it touched the wood of the coffee table in front of her, which jolted y/n out of her sleep. Still lying under the blanket, she pulled herself to sit up and stretched her arms.

When she sat up, wanda used it as an opportunity to sit in the space beside her, holding her own mug of coffee in her hands.

By now, the two had grown accustomed to each other just enough to form a fair opinion.

Through wanda's eyes, y/n was a determined and independent person. She knew that there was another layer underneath her persistence, but she also knew it would take a while to get through to it. The reason she never pushed too hard or never got annoyed by her lack of explanations, was because she knew how she felt. She knew what she needed and what she didn't, and she tried to do everything she'd wished someone did for her a while ago. The reason she was able to do it so naturally, was because even though they hadn't been with each other for that long, it seemed like they'd always been with the other.

Through y/n's eyes, wanda was human. She wasn't this monster the media depicted her to be. She was more than the villain sword led her to believe, and she was just starting to realise that. She was simply, and purely, human. Beneath the sarcasm, there was more. She just couldn't figure out what it was yet. Every time wanda did something considerate for her, she wondered if it was just natural for her, or if there was a reason as to why she was so patient and caring.

Rubbing her eyes, y/n turned her head to look out at the weather through the window. When she saw that the rain was still pouring down with a force that shook the trees surrounding the cabin, she scoffed slightly and dropped her head down.

Seeing the disappointed look on her face, wanda sighed quietly and turned her head to watch the rain fall with ren, her jaw clenching with guilt.

After moments passed, wanda finally decided to speak, "I'm sorry I can't make the rain stop."

She was pulled out her trance and her head turned back to wanda, "oh- no, it's okay." Then she turned to the window again, "I'll just have to be patient."

A small smile appeared on wanda's face, "we both know you're not very good at that."

She chuckled softly, "I guess I'll have to work on it."

While her soft chuckle began to fade, she turned her head to wanda to see that she was already looking at her. Their eyes stayed locked together, but not because they were too afraid to look away first, it was because they both wanted to be staring into each other's eyes.

Fearing that she was never going to be able to resist sharing the stare with y/n, wanda turned away to change the subject, "I made you coffee."

"Oh, wow, thank you." She smiled, taking the mug wanda handed her.

While y/n sipped the hot drink from her mug, wanda kept her eyes on her to see her react to what she was about to say.

"Well, to compensate for the fact you have to be stuck with me for another day, how about I make you some waffles?" She suggested.

She bit her lip to suppress the huge smile she felt coming, but even then, it still showed, "that sounds like a deal."

Wanda placed her mug on the table and tapped the back of the couch before pushing herself up to walk over to the kitchen.

A smile lingered on y/n's face as she turned around to watch wanda. Her eyes watched her move around the kitchen while her arms hung over the back of the couch. When wanda finally stopped moving and paused to look at y/n, waiting for a reason as to why she was staring, y/n smirked.

"The blanket..." she hinted, looking at wanda with a squint.

Before she could finish, wanda cut her off, "Don't make it a thing."

She shrugged, "I'm just saying-."

"I'll take it back if you say another word about it." She told her, then returned to moving around the kitchen.

A smirk grew on y/n's face as a response to how wanda reacted, and it stayed there until she turned back to look at her.

"Strawberries or no strawberries?" wanda asked.

"Kill me if I ever say 'no strawberries' to that question." She laughed.

"You like strawberries, I'll keep that in mind." With a twirl, she began making the waffles.

Over on the couch, y/n rested her head on the back to allow her eyes to naturally follow wanda to wherever she went.