A parting shot

The team who still stood in the quinjet all watched y/n on her walk back to the inside. Their stares ranged from the look of surprise coming from Jimmy, to the smirk of mesmerisation coming from her proud girlfriend.

Almost as if she hadn't done anything, y/n stepped back up the ramp and into the quinjet to stand with the rest of the group. Even when she stood right beside them, they still couldn't take their eyes off of her as they waited for an explanation.

"He will never bother us again." Y/n assured them.

Monica smiled and stepped forward, "took you long enough to do that."

She chuckled and shook her head, "shut up."

"That was badass." Darcy told her from where she sat.

"Thank you, Darcy." She smiled softly.

"Since when has anything y/n's done not been badass?" Monica rhetorically asked.

"Says you." Y/n cocked her brow.

As they went back and forth in compliments, wanda smiled to herself; wondering if she'd finally found a group of people who she could mutually love.

"We ready?" Jimmy asked, his hand resting on the back of the cockpit chair.

Darcy looked at everyone before nodding to Jimmy with a smile, "Yeah, I think we are."

"Close the hatch, Jimmy." Y/n smiled to him and watched him sit comfortable in the chair.

Wanda remained slumped in her seat, while y/n wandered around the free space in the jet. Monica and Darcy had sat beside each other on the chairs and already planned to rest with each other for the duration of the flight.

"Copy that." He smiled, mostly due to the fact he'd always loved saying phrases he found cool, then he flipped the switch to close it.

As the door began slowly rising from the ground, Darcy groaned with impatience and began tapping her foot on the floor from where she sat.

"How long is this gonna take?" Darcy asked, leaning her head into Monica's arm which was resting over her shoulder.

"I'd hold back on the complaints, Darcy, we've got quite a long way to go." Y/n warned her.

What none of the friends knew was that the agents Hayward previously dismissed had caught onto the fact that they hadn't see their boss in a while. So, a few of them slipped out of the building quietly in hopes to find what had happened, but when they saw their boss lying dead on his back, they froze.

They were able to see the quinjet in the parking lot even if they weren't very close to them and the doors were slowly coming to a close. Seeing that the door was closing and the opportunity of revenge was slipping from their grasp, the agent closest to the jet cocked his gun and squinted.

Moments before the hatch could close and guarantee safety to the tired team, the agent fired his gun and lowered it, preparing to settle for wherever the bullet was to land. Of course, the bullet pierced through the air at a speed that couldn't be prevented, and it made its way through the hatch before it closed.

No one in the quinjet could've prepared to stop the bullet before it hit its target after they heard the crack of the gun. Monica did instinctively turn after she heard the sound and try to jump in front of wherever the bullet planned in landing, but it was no use.

The bullet finally stopped when it landed in y/n. It was in the space between where her shoulder met her chest, and it dug through her skin before coming out the other side.

Monica was the first person to see that y/n had been hit, and she instantly came to her aid. Before y/n could hit the ground, Monica wrapped her arms under y/n's and caught her softly before gently lying her on the floor.

The moment she saw y/n fall - and without any hesitation - wanda clutched the restraints on her hands and ripped them off with a pull that made her yell in pain. She forced her yell to a grunt as she pushed herself off of her chair and slid across the floor to get to y/n.

When she was with her, she picked her head up off of the floor and rested it on her lap, constantly rubbing her hair away from her face. She looked down at her girlfriends panicked face while ignoring the pain that came from her arms.

Monica began trying to stop the blood from coming out of y/n with her bare hands, but stopped immediately when wanda aggressively waved her away.

"Please, just start the fucking jet." She pleaded to her in a shaky breath before dropping all of her attention to the girl in her arms, "y/n."

Apart from the few faint coughs she let out while trying to catch the breath that was slipping away from her, y/n didn't make a noise.

"Jimmy, go." Darcy impatiently tapped the back of his chair while her other hand covered her mouth in worry.

"I'M GOING, IM GOING!" He yelled in a panic, trying to ignore the fact that y/n was in danger so that he could fly the jet.

Even when Monica had left the middle of the jet clear for wanda to help y/n, she didn't take her attention off of them, not even for a second. Jimmy managed to keep calm long enough to get the jet off of the ground where he then breathed his worry away to fly it properly.

Wandas eyes stayed glued to y/n's to make sure that no life was leaving them whatsoever while she began summoning faint amounts of her energy. The wounds from the claws of the restraint were now releasing blood, but she ignored it to focus on y/n.

"Y/n- y/n, look at me." She softly ordered.

Through the pained groans she let out and the shake in her breath, y/n managed to pull her attention up to wanda. Blood was pooling on the floor beside her, and her breaths were slowly getting shorter the more she panted.

"I need you to look at me." Wanda sniffed, "and I need you to trust me, okay?"

Y/n's fast and panicked pants slowly shortened as she calmed herself down by looking deeply into wanda's comforting eyes.

"Trust me." She told her.

And with that, she did. She relaxed her body and dropped as much worry as she could while handing herself over the care of the scarlet witch.

"You're gonna be okay." Wanda smiled, lightly stringing crimson threads of magic between her fingers, guiding them into the side of y/n's head.