When the heat becomes too much

The sun was, of course, shining as brightly as it had been for the previous days. It's rays pierced through the glass of the windows and snuck through the fabric of the curtains, but the girls didn't mind.

They only started to notice the power of the suns rays as the day furthered. Wanda, sitting on the couch with a book in her hands, didn't particularly mind the heat. It bothered her slightly, but not too much to the point where she couldn't handle it.

On the other hand, it bothered y/n more than anything. Unlike wanda, she stood up, roaming around the cabin in an attempt to find the coolest possible part. However, despite her efforts, she couldn't find an area that provided a breeze cool enough to satisfy her.

By now the heat had started to become more noticeable at every point in the cabin, almost to the point where it was painfully unbearable to y/n, especially because she hated the heat.

"How are you not hot?" Y/n asked, almost sarcastically.

"I don't get hot that easily?" Wanda shrugged, not particularly aware of the answer herself, "you're so dramatic."

"Fucking hell." She muttered to herself, once again, pushing her hair out of her heated face.

She trailed up at down the hallway, her hands bunched around her hair and her head tilted up to the ceiling. During her trails, she pulled up the bottom of her shirt to wipe her forehead, which caused wanda to glance up from her book for the first time in a while.

With an annoyed grunt, she dropped her shirt back down and sighed deeply, hoping it would relieve herself of the stressful heat she was drowning in.

"Wanda, it's so fucking hot." she complained once again, fanning herself with her hand as she continued trailing up and down the hallway.

Wanda chuckled slightly, "what do you want me to do about it?"

"I don't know, use your magic to make it cold?" She suggested.

"I control minds, Princess, not the weather." Wanda reminded her, casually flipping through the pages of the book in her lap.

"I think I'm seriously going to fucking die." She exaggerated, resting her hands on her head while tightly closing her eyes.

"Well, there's a perfectly good lake over there." She pointed out, her tone laced with sarcasm.

Wanda's head remained down at the book in her lap while y/n turned to face the door with consideration. A few more moments went by and y/n hadn't complained any longer, simply because she found her solution.

"Fuck it." She shrugged and began pacing over to the door.

Upon hearing the noise of the door opening, wanda finally lifted her attention from the book and looked at y/n as she began running across the grassy plains. She pushed herself off of the couch and ran for the door as fast as she could so that she'd be able to shout to y/n before she got too far away.

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" Wanda yelled, lingering by the door way.

"Over to the perfectly good lake." Y/n shouted back as she pulled her shirt up.

Without slowing down her walk at all, she pulled the shirt off of her body and tossed it to the ground below her, leaving her in her bra, which wanda watched. Wanda remained standing by the door until she realised just how serious y/n was, which made her pace over to the lake as well.

While wanda caught up to her, y/n slipped out of her trousers, careful not to fall over as she pulled them from her legs. Again, she tossed them aside and took one last breath before diving headfirst into the warm water of the lake.

Wanda paused when she made it to the edge of the lake, catching her breath while waiting for y/n to rise from the ripples.

The more time that flew by, the less movement wanda saw in the water, which noticeable worried her.

"Y/n." She called out into the lake, trying not to let herself panic.

After receiving no answer - or no indication that what she said was even heard - wanda began to panic slightly. The heat finally broke through her barriers, which only fuelled her stress filled panic more.

"Y/n?" She asked into the lake, hoping the water would bring y/n back to her, "very funny, y/n, come on."

Once again, wanda received no kind of reply or a response of any kind, her panic rose to a level she could no longer ignore.

"Shit." She muttered to herself as she quickly began pulling off her shirt.

Just as wanda's shirt hit the ground, y/n's head rose from underneath the water, followed by the sound of her taking in a deep breath.

"God, this is so refreshing." She hummed as she wiped the water from her eyes.

"Oh, my fucking god, don't do that!" Wanda told her in a yell, "you scared the shit out of me."

"Well, it's nice to know you were willing to jump in here to save me." She smiled up at her, water dripping down her face.

Even though wanda was cooling down from her panicked state, she couldn't help but smile, "I guess I didn't need to save you, you weren't dying anyway."

"Yeah, but you can still come in." She shrugged.

Picking her shirt up from the floor, wanda shook her head, "no, there's no point now."

"So the only way for me to get you in this lake would be for me to almost drown?" She sarcastically asked.

Playing along with the sarcasm, wanda nodded, "yeah, pretty much."

"Fine." She wiped the water from her face one last time before pulling herself over to the edge where the land met the lake, "can you at least help me out of here, please?" She asked, outstretching her hand to wanda.

Without any kind of complaint, wanda took y/n's hand in hers and began gently pulled her up until she was pulled into the lake by y/n. She gently hit the water and sunk under until she pulled herself up to spit the water out of her mouth.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" She yelled, followed by a soft chuckle. Although she was shocked at the sudden pull, she absolutely loved the fact that she was with y/n, no matter the circumstance.

"It was the only way to get you in here." She shrugged with a smile. While giggling, y/n pushed a small splash of water into wanda's direction, which lightly hit her face.

Instead of giggling back, wanda devilishly smirked to herself as she used her magic to send a wave of water towards y/n. She didn't have any time to swim away, duck, or even react before she was completely covered in the wave wanda pushed her way.

Once the water finally cleared, y/n emerged from the lake with a shocked smile on her face, "wow."

A/N: i didn't want to do many of these notes but i have a question and i didn't know any other way to get as many people to see it. someone suggested that i give y/n a name, and i have a name in mind but would y'all rather i kept it as y/n or gave her a name?