Finally landing

The plane chase took as long as it needed to until they entered the area where the sword headquarters was. By now, the shine of the morning sun had dimmed down to the faint glow that came from the outline of the evening moon. The faint image of stars that were tucked away up in space hovered above whatever was left to see of the clouds, and a slightly cold breeze occupied the air.

On an average sword agents schedule, it was the end of the day. The cars began leaving, the final documents of the day were handed in or signed, and the agents who's day was ending all began slowly departing. It was a calm night those back at the sword facility, but there was nothing calm about what was coming their way.

Hayward's quinjet housed himself, two other agents, and the unconscious body of wanda maximoff in its seemingly small interior. He was tense, partially annoyed with how close y/n was to him, but still cocky.

"Prepare for landing, director." The pilot called into the back of the jet once the silhouette of the building became a clear picture in his eyes.

A relieved sigh overcame him, "thank god." And he rose to his feet.

The remaining guards in the jet with him crouched down to pick wanda's unconscious body off of the floor while the pilot began slowly allowing the jet to rest on the landing pad. When the jet was grounded enough, Hayward left and headed to the facility, his glance occasionally bouncing to y/n's jet which was still up in the sky. His agents, who secretively cradled wanda in their arms, followed behind him on his entire walk to the building without questioning anything else.

A large group of people with cameras hanging from the straps around their necks stood outside of the building in a bored and pointless motion. However, the moment they saw Hayward approaching, they instantly jumped right into action and obliged to what he'd previously told them to do.

Once he and his guards had entered the building and closed the doors behind them, the bundle of eager strangers spread out and held their cameras up to take pictures of y/n's plane landing while blocking the door.

While Hayward's pilot calmly and securely made sure the jet was positioned nicely on the ground, y/n tightened her grip on the controls and practically forced her own jet onto the ground as fast as she could. Moments before it could crash against the ground, she pulled the nose of it up and left her seat as the jet began slowly sinking to level.

Before the quinjet had even properly grounded itself on the concrete, y/n opened the hatch at the back and leapt out of it the moment it provided the slightest bit of room for her. Rocks were kicked up from underneath her shoes as she ran and the dust of the gravel rose with them, but she didn't care. She didn't focus on anything else other than her need to get to Hayward before anyone else could.

But, once again, Hayward came prepared. The second Hayward entered the doors of the building, his flock of paparazzi he called on the flight that had hurdled themselves by the main doors, awaiting y/n's arrival.

Y/n picked up on the giant crowd of people that swarmed the building the closer she got to it, but she didn't slow down at all, and she wouldn't until something physically stopped her.

Their flood of cameras began clicking and snapping the second they saw y/n running towards them. In their desperate excitement to get information from her, they blocked the opened of the doors and unknowingly forced her to slow down into a walk as she got closer to them.

Lights from the flashing cameras flickered harshly in her face, but she was too desperate to keep her eyes on what she could see through the windows to be bothered by it. The herd of paparazzi barricaded the door, whether they meant to or not, but y/n could just about see through the glass of the doors and look in at the agents patrolling the building.

Their shouts and requests faded to a blur as y/n hopelessly watched the director get further and further away through the glass of the doors. She could've easily gotten out of the situation by using her powers, but she didn't want to hurt anyone. She didn't want to hurt people who had clearly been influenced by a mind as evil as Hayward's.

Despite her efforts to be as gentle as she could, the comments soon became audible and frustrating for her, and it was a level of frustration that she couldn't seem to let go of.

"Can we have a statement?" One of them asked.

Even though it was a harmless ask from someone innocently tucked away in the back, it was the comment that hit y/n's ears the harshest in her frustration fuelled moment.

Once she found the person who'd asked the question, her eyes curved to a squint and she let out a small exhale. The person held a regret that was visible on his face, and he stood frozen under the harsh gaze.

"You want a statement?" She asked, almost sarcastically.

When the man shyly nodded back, y/n scowled at him. All in one moment, she stretched her arm through the crowd and snatched the camera from his hand before breaking it over her knee, sending the pieces of it flying off into different directions.

There was a silence once the pieces of the now broken camera hit the concrete, then everyone turned to y/n with a mix between fear and amazement.

"There's your statement." She told him before she started turned to face everyone else that stood between her and the doors, "now get the fuck out of my way before I break something other than a camera."

Once her angered threat left her mouth, the crowd parted instantly. The people stepped back, purely out of fear, and allowed a clear pathway for her to walk through. So, without wasting anymore time, she walked down the crowd, their curious eyes looking over her face.

Her eyes held a hint of blue in them, which the people picked up on. The people hidden at the back of the crowd managed to snap any kind of picture they could, but y/n soon disappeared and forced the doors open of the building to march her way in.