Chapter 9

Abby's POV

I woke up and it was about three a.m. "Great," I mumbled, sliding out of the bed. Michael was asleep, so I just slowly opened the door and walked out to find something to do. I quietly shuffled around the house, looking for anything to do. Do.ally I decided to text Becky and Mya.

Me: hey guys!

B: woah, why are you awake? Isn't it like really late there?

M: yeah, I googled the time difference earlier. It's like two, right?

Me: well, technically 3:04 but you were close

B: nice guess

M: how's Mikey?

Me: wow, clingy much? Lol Jk, he's sleeping rn

M: tell him I miss him when he wakes up!

Me: ok

B: I miss you btw, it's quiet with all of you guys gone!

Me: well it will be a while till we get back, especially since I am going on that hiking trip with ash!

B: relationship goals

M: srsly

Me: at least you have bfs tho, u could be single Pringles

B: but I have brad

M: and I have Mikey

Me: which will forever have a sense of creepiness to it since he's my dad...

M: yea...

B: brads just some cousin removed or something, I don't really know

Me: same its so confusing

"Hey," someone said groggily. I looked up to see that it was Ashton. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at home?" I asked. "I came to see you, I knew you'd be awake," Ashton replied. "And if I wasn't?" I asked. "I'd go home," He replied. "Did you just let yourself in?" I asked. "Yeah, I know where the key is," Ashton said. "So, wanna go out?" He asked. "What, like sneak out? Isn't that, like, not a good thing?" I asked. "Well, wouldn't you like a walk under the stars?" He asked. "Well, yeah, but-" I started. "Then let's go!" He said. "Fine," I said, getting up off the couch. "If we get in trouble I blame you," I said as we quietly left through the front door. "Okay, it is my fault," Ashton replied.

"So where are we going?" I asked. "You'll see. It's not my house only because we would end up waking someone up by getting carried away in our conversation," Ashton replied. "Yeah, you aren't the quietest guy I know," I replied with a small laugh. We went to a small park, like we did a few days before we came out to Australia. "That's true, I'm loud, but it's better than being quiet and isolated," He replied. "True," I replied with a small laugh. I raced Ashton to the swings, losing because I was shorter and slower in general. We sat next to each other and just stared at eachother in the moonlight. "You're so cute," Ashton said as we stared at each other, making me blush.

"But you're adorable!" I replied, swinging to the side and holding myself in place before poking the tip of his nose and then releasing myself, violently swinging away. I almost fell off the swing and steadied myself while Ashton just laughed at me. "Well that worked," I said sarcastically as I began swinging normally. "This is why you're adorable, you're so weird and cool," He said, still laughing. "Well you're super down-to-earth and funny and I'm super super lucky to have you," I said sweetly. "Not as lucky as I am to have you," Ashton replied. "You say the cutest things and leave me speechless," I said, looking down. Ashton grabbed my hands and stared into my eyes. "I love how I can make you speechless, it's cute," He said simply, kissing the tip of my nose before gently pulling me off the swing and hugging me close.

For a while we didn't do anything but hug while standing infront of the swings. "I love you so much," I said quietly. "I love you more," Ashton replied. "Impossible," I said. "Not quite," He replied. "Eh, this could go on forever as we try to prove our endless love for each other," I said with a small laugh. "So our love is endless and equal?" Ashton asked. "Yeah," I replied. "And that's just how I like it," I continued, burying my head in his chest. "I wouldn't ever change a thing about this," He replied, and I knew in that moment that we both felt exactly the same and I wanted the moment to last forever. "Don't ever leave," I whispered. "I had a dream that I kissed your lips and it felt so true," Ashton sang quietly. "I woke as a nervous mess, yeah I fell for you," I continued, Just as softly.