Chapter 18

Abby's POV 

Chrissy, Michael, Kalee, and I talked about music for hours, including possible collaborations. We even started writing a few songs, which we hadn't planned, but they turned out great and we can't wait to go to the studio and record. Michael had told us that he scheduled for us to go in three months, so we started writing more songs and he even started giving us some skype contacts for people who could help us write songs for the sound we wanted. "Are you sure they'll be okay with us calling them randomly?" Kalee asked. "We do have the strangest sleeping schedule when we're hardcore writing," I added. "Girls, everyone has the strangest sleeping schedule when they're writing. It comes with the package," he said. "What package?" Kalee asked jokingly. "The band package. When you're in even a semi-successful band, your sleeping schedule gets demolished, you start having creative blasts and then creative blocks. You're going to seriously doubt yourself and the masterpieces you've created and you're going to want to show everybody your first single. You're going to tweet your own lyrics in all caps or you're going to delete the drafts, afraid of judgement. Everyone does it, it's the true band package," Chrissy said.

"It's true," Michael added. "Oh, and you can't forget you're going to meet people you're huge fans of and you're probably going to freak out. You just have to try and act very professional, and if you're lucky, they may collab with you," Michael said. "Who are you guys gonna collab with?" Kalee asked. "I'm not telling you!" He said. "Dad," we groaned. "Okay, okay, but you can't tell anyone," he said. "Promise," Kalee said. "Cross my heart," I added, doing the motion over my chest. "Alex Gaskarth," He replied. "No way!" I said, my eyes wide in awe. "Like, Alex? From All Time Low? I mean, I know you're friends, but he's actually doing a song with you?!" Kalee asked in disbelief. "Yeah, he's going to say that on their podcast," Michael replied. "I just made a list of skype contacts that said it would be okay if you texted or called," Chrissy said, handing Kalee a piece of paper. "Do they know our sound?" I asked, looking over Kalee's shoulder at the paper. "Yeah, I sent them a clip of it," She said, and Kalee froze. "So Set It Off agreed to help us out and he knows our sound?!" I asked, my eyes widening again. "Yeah, and Cody just texted me saying he likes your music a lot," Chrissy said, checking for phone to see the text. 

"You're joking," I said. "Nope," She replied with a small laugh. "Oh my God, this is so cool!" Kalee said, hugging me. "So i'm guessing you're a fan then?" Chrissy asked. "Yeah, I love their music! Cinematics is my favourite album!" I said. "Oh yeah, they like to blast Why Worry while writing at 2 am," Michael said. "Sorry about that," Kalee said. "It's fine, I know what it's like," He said, smiling as my phone buzzed. "Hold on, this may be important," I said. Kalee's phone also buzzed, and we looked at each other then at Chrissy. "Did you give Cody our skypes already?" Kalee asked, and Chrissy nodded with a grin. "So, like the actual Cody Carson from my actual favorite band, well one of them, just texted me?" I asked, and Chrissy nodded again, still grinning. "Thank you so much!" I said, opening the text and accepting the contact request. "This is so cool!" I said. "You didn't even freak out this much when you met Ashton for the first time," Michael said, laughing. "That's offensive!" Ashton said, walking downstairs. "Sorry, babe," I said, hugging him. "What are you fangirling about anyways?" He asked, looping his arm around my waist. "Getting all these cool contacts to help with music! Like the guys from Set It Off and All Time Low and I can't even handle it, this is so cool!" I replied.

"Who's Set It Off?" Ashton asked, sounding a bit over protective. "Chill, Ashton, i'm not gonna ditch you for one of them, they're just one of my most favorite bands," I replied with a small laugh. Ashton has been a bit over protective lately when i've mentioned other boys, and it was getting on my nerves a little bit, but i've tried to avoid focusing on that. "I mean, Against The Current and 5 Seconds Of Summer are also in my top favorite bands, but this is different," I said. "Yeah, I can't really fangirl over you guys since i've played with you and got to know you, and i'm adopted by you," Kalee said, pointing to Chrissy then to Michael. I nodded, smiling as Ashton gave me a kiss on the head. I kissed him back, but the sparks have faded. I thought back to what Michael had said so long ago when I was new to the family. "Don't let it fade away," But maybe I was doing just that. Maybe I wasn't actually in love with Ashton. "We should start developing these songs," I said, dismissing my thoughts. "Yeah," Kalee agreed, heading to the basement. "Thanks so much for the help! We'll surely come back and talk later!" I told Chrissy before we disappeared down the stairs. 

We got downstairs and I immediately started tuning my guitar. "Should we text Cody first to try and see how our styles work or do we go ahead and start just to get it started. "We might go ahead and text him," I said. "Okay," She said, pulling out her phone. After texting him for a few minutes, she opened her skype on the TV down here and started calling Cody. He picked up and we both froze for a second and he looked at his screen confused. "Is it lagging?" He asked. "No, no, sorry!" Kalee said, making sure to wave so he knew it was working right. "Oh okay, you just weren't moving," he said, laughing. "Sorry," I said. "So are you writing songs? I loved your first one Chrissy sent me, wasn't it called Butterfly?" He asked. "Yeah," I said as Kalee glanced at me. "Yeah, it's amazing, you guys are so good!" Cody said. "You have no idea how much that means coming from you," I said, putting a hand over my mouth. "We love Set It Off by the way, everything is so well put together, you guys are great!" Kalee said. "Aw, thanks! So, are we writing or just talking? Just so I know if I need to call the other guys in here or not," Cody said.

 "Either, we can see the differences in our writing styles or we can just get to know each other before we start working," I said. "I think we can talk for a bit before working, I find it makes writing a bit easier, ya know? You're not working with complete strangers," He replied. "Okay," Kalee said. "So how are you?" I asked. "I'm pretty good. We've been writing a lot ourselves and also practicing for the Glamour Kills Spring Break Tour that's in a bit," he said. "Oh yeah, we're probably gonna come out and see a show," Kalee said. "Oh, please do! We could even hang out after and get to know each other there," Cody said. "Okay," I replied, smiling. "How many songs do you have written and prepared for the studio? Chrissy told me you're heading down there in a bit," He asked. "A lot, but we're working on narrowing it down," I said. "Yeah, we've got it narrowed to about thirty tracks so far, so we need to chop off quite a bit," Kalee added. "But you can use them later, so you don't have to completely trash 'em," he said. "Yeah, and we can improve them as we improve," Kalee replied.

Weird chapter but i'm slowly  getting back in the spin again. I'm going to try and update this one more often!! I have big plans for this book, and I know not everyone's going to like them *cue maniacal laughter* anyways, please comment, vote, all that fluff! Ilyasm!