Chapter 28

Abby's POV

What is he doing here?! After everything I've done to get over him, Ashton just keeps coming back! Of course the first thing I did upon getting onstage and seeing him was perform Gives You Hell. "I cannot believe him! After everything he thinks this is ok?" I shout as soon as we are offstage and out of earshot of the crowd. I walked into my dressing room and slammed the door angrily, flopping onto the couch and chunking my phone across the room. It hit the wall with a thud and fell to the floor where I left it. I watched as messages flooded in but I didn't bother to go answer them. Suddenly there was a quick knock on my door. "Come in," I reluctantly answered, grabbing a pillow and hugging it against my chest. "I heard what happened, are you okay?" Chrissy asked, walking through the door with Cody right behind her. "I'm fine," I answered quickly. "Don't you need to go onstage in like, five minutes?" I asked. "Yes, but there are so many shows to be played, but only so many Abby Clifford's. You're more important," Chrissy answered, sitting by my feet. "I need alone time. Go play your show, I won't go anywhere. I'm just angry and need to let it out," I said. "Chrissy, we need to be onstage," Will says, popping his head through the door. "Give me a minute," she answers.

"We can make him leave, if you want," Chrissy says before she's rushed out by her manager, who closes the door behind her. "I know you didn't ask for my advice, but here it is anyways. You need to deal with this. If you tell him to go away yourself and you talk to him about it, he's more likely to listen. I know it upsets you, but maybe it's what you need to do. No matter what, this whole your family is here for you. Even twenty, thirty years from now when we've all gone our separate ways you can call us and we'll answer. For old times sake," Cody says. "Thanks," I reply, putting the pillow down and sitting up as he hands me my phone. "Still wanna be left alone?" He asks. "Nah, I'm good," I reply. We hug quickly before heading out to watch Against The Current.

(A.N.: very short filler chapter to make up for being one so long! Hope you enjoy! -Hope