Chapter 29

Ashton's POV 

After the show, all three bands were doing a joint signing/meetup session that everyone got in line for. I got up to the table, nervous as could be and the first person I saw was Abby, smiling and signing everything from t shirts and posters to arms and shoes. As soon as I got up to where she was, her smile faltered, but she didn't respond how I expected. "Meet me in my dressing room after the signing," She said. "What?" I asked, confused by her sudden change in mood. "Go to the dressing room, you're holding the line up. We'll talk there," She replied quickly, motioning for me to move behind the tables, where a security guard was waiting to direct me backstage. I nodded and walked past her and into the hallway. "Ashton?" Emily asked, holding a guitar on each arm. "What are you doing back here? Abby's gonna freak out," She asked, looking at the security. "It's fine, ms. Steele, she's actually the one who wanted him back here." The security guard said. "Alright then," Emily replied, walking past us. 

After about an hour, I heard more talking in the halls and realized the muffled voices belonged to the bands. As they got louder, Abby's door opened and she quickly waved them away. "See ya on the bus in a bit, i'll be fine," She said just before shutting the door. "Abby, i'm so-!" I started. "How the hell did you get here so fast?" She asked. "I found out where you were pretty easily," I said, not wanting to lie to her. "Oh, wow, stalking!" She said. 

"Not like that,"

 "Then like what, Ashton? You just so happened to be in town? Yeah, when pigs fly!" 

"I need to apologize,"

"No, you need to leave me alone,"

"Abby,-"

"Ashton, please, leave me alone and get on with your life. I've been trying to get over you for months but you keep coming back. We can't keep coming back to this. Do something else, write a song, hang out with friends, drum until you're happy again. You saw how I reacted with All American Rejects, I thought it would be satisfying but it honestly wasn't. If you want to be friends, i'll need some time That little speed-bump has been avoided and I just really need that. You do, too, I mean just take a look at yourself, you're a mess. Please go home and get over us. It wasn't meant to last," Abby said.

(A.N.: Here's another short update, probably my last one for the weekend but you got three in under 24 hours and that's really good for me. See you guys soon! -Hope)