Chapter 16

Kalee's POV

Dad and I were playing FIFA in his man cave, which we had gotten quite good at together. I was still in my pajamas, which were my Against The Current shirt and sweatpants. My hair was up in a bun and I was so comfortable. I loved nothing more than lazy days with my family, but I missed Abby. "We've played a lot of Fifa lately...maybe we should go outside," dad said. I fake gasped, earning an eye roll from him. "You mean, in the sunlight?!" I asked mockingly. "Oh, shut up! Let's walk down to the ice cream shop or drive down to Sydney to walk by the sea," he said.

"That actually sounds pretty fun!" I said, pausing our game. "But it means I'm going to have to get dressed." I continued. "Well, would you prefer us tell you stories from our trip?" I heard a familiar voice ask. "ABBY!" I shouted as I was tackled by my sister. I rolled over on my back and she did the same. We put our forearms next to eachother's to compare skin tone. I had gotten paler from being inside all the time, and she had tanned a lot from all her hiking. "I missed you so much!" Dad said, smiling down at us.

"Our trip was so fun and the view was beautiful! Oh, we have to go together sometime!" Abby said. "I agree! It was so quiet without you and Ashton!" I said. I looked over at dad to see him talking to Ashton excitedly. "I can't believe you were gone so long! We missed you so much!" I said, turning my head to look at Abby. I practically looked like her ghost now, but it was alright because we could play tricks on people now. "I missed you, too! When we were gone I met a girl named Helena who constantly said or did things that reminded me of you," Abby said.

"Does she like MCR?!" I asked, making Abby laugh. "Yes, and you two even share the same favourite song." She replied. "Cool. I want to meet a Helena," I said, smiling at the ceiling. Although I missed my sister really badly, I hadn't realized just how bad. It was like a huge part of me was missing when she was gone. "Hey, you two should pack up tomorrow so we can leave Wednesday," Dad reminded us. "Okay," I said. We were going home, and one of dads friends would be staying with us for a while.

_________

Sorry for the short chapter, but at least I updated!