Chapter 20

Abby's POV 

My creative surge was full speed ahead and I spent most of my time in the basement, just creating. This was the coping mechanism that made anything more bearable, and I didn't even have to leave the house. It had been a few weeks and I had at least a hundred new songs and countless other random bits that I could use to create even more. Chrissy was leaving for the Spring Break Tour in a few days, and I wouldn't be able to skype her or the Set It Off guys as much as i'd like during that. I heard muffled shouts from upstairs before the door to the basement opened quickly and I heard people walking down the stairs. I saw Kalee march down the steps angrily before shouting "LEAVE THIS HOUSE AND NEVER RETURN, YOU CHEATING PIG!" I saw Tristan follow her down a bit before she shoved him away. "Let me explain-" he said. "You've talked too much already just GET OUT!" Kalee shouted. "Fine." He said, walking away. "You okay?" I asked. "I need to create, i'm so done with famous boys thinking they're better than not as famous girls," She said, going to her preffered writing spot. The Vamps guys stopped by on their tour and had a break day here, but apparently it didn't go as planned.

"I hate him so much," Kalee said, picking up her songbook and guitar before going back upstairs. "Are you alright?" I heard Michael say as the front door slammed shut. "I'm so done with these plastic promises!" Kalee replied, referencing Tristan's promises that he loved her and only her and that he could never leave her. I heard her stomp up the stairs and the faint sound of her door slamming. Michael can I talk to you for a minute?" Chrissy asked. "Yeah sure," he replied, and the door to the basement was shut again. I returned to my writing and I had started piecing together some of my random lyrics so I had a new song already forming. About halfway through, there was a soft knock at the door and Chrissy was walking down the steps. "Hey, how's your writing going?" She asked. "Really good, i've gotten a lot done," I replied. "That's good. Do you want to come with me to check on your sister? I want to ask you both something, and you may even need your band with you," She asked. "Sure, i'll text the others," I asid, following her up to Kalee's room. 

****

About half an hour later, Becky, Mya, Kalee, Chrissy, and I were sitting in the music room and waiting for the Set It Off guys to come into Cody's skype session so we could talk about whatever it is they wanted to ask us. We were all waiting on Maxx, Dan and Zach were already here so we were making small conversations. "So, are you guys ready for tour?" Kalee asked, not only trying to distract herself from her recent heartbreak but also try and pass the time until Maxx got there. "That's actually why we wanted to talk to you," Zach said, and we all looked at each other. When we loked back, Maxx was walking into the frame. "Sorry i'm so late," he said. "It's fine," I said. "So, yeah, one of our opening bands had to cancel for personal reasons," Cody said. "So you're--?" Becky started. "We're asking you to go on tour with us for the Glamour Kills Spring Break Tour," Dan said. "Yes, yes, a million times yes!" Kalee said, her mood brightening. "I figured it would help you to get out of the house and away from your ex," Chrissy said. "Thank you," I said, hugging her. "We leave in a few days so you're going to have to pack quickly," Maxx said. "We're actually already on the tour bus heading your way. We couldn't get you your own, so we figured we would have all the guys on one bus and all the girls on another," Cody said.

"It sounds great to me," Mya said. "I think you guys will like touring, plus it's a great way to get your band out there! And Michael found you a guitar tech around your age, her name is Emily Steele and she's so sweet," Chrissy said as Michael walked in. "Thanks, Dad," I told him, and he gave me a thumbs up. "She's actually here now," he said as she walked in "Hi, Emily," I said, smiling at her. Her blue eyes popped in contrast with her reddish-brunette hair. "Hi, i'm excited to work with you!" She said. "We're excited to work with you, too!" Kalee replied. "We should probably get to packing. When do you think you're going to be here? In a few days, in a few hours, tomorrow?" Becky asked. "Um, probably late tomorrow or the next day," Dan said, looking at the time on his phone. "Ooh, i'm excited now!" I said. "So am I, I can't wait to get to meet all of you in person!" Cody said. "Yeah, i'm excited to get to see you! I did actually get to see you once when you were a smaller band, I think the Horrible Kids ep had just come out. We got to hang out for a little after the show and there weren't very many people there," I said.