Chapter 6

Abby's POV

I got up off of the ground, with Ashton helping pull me up by grabbing my hand. He pulled me close to his chest so that I was looking up into his eyes while we were still holding hands. It would have been more romantic if I hadn't fallen against his chest, stumbling on the uneven ground. Ashton smoothly pulled me into a tight hug, concealing my stumble from the bystanders. "Thanks," I said with a small laugh as I stood up, taking my weight of his chest and balanced myself. Ashton just smiled down at me. I took in the moment, how we both looked completely insane with grass in our hair and stains on our clothes. We were just reckless teenagers, though, and couldn't give a single care if we looked ridiculous since we were in love.

"Should we head home? We've been here for awhile," I asked. The sun was going to start setting soon and we had to walk home. "Yeah," Ashton replied, grabbing my hand again as we started the walk back home. "So, hiking in New Zealand," I said, thinking about our trip. "Yep, I can't wait! It's going to be so fun!" Ashton said, giving me a peck on the cheek. I smiled and bumped him with my side, making him jokingly roll his eyes before bumping me back. We continued on like that until we could see the house, which is when we raced to the door. Ashton won, which wasn't surprising since January was slow and had shorter legs. He grabbed my hand again as we walked through the door.

Kalee and Tristan were watching Oculus together on the couch and there were two empty ice cream bowls on the table in front of them. Kalee had seen this movie before, so she was watching Tristan's reactions to the scary parts. I smiled and shook my head slightly before going in the kitchen and making some popcorn. I got out the kernels and a pot as well as some coconut oil before turning the stove on. "Somewhere we'll find infinity," I sang to myself quietly as Michael walked in. "Hey dad," I said, smiling. "Did Ashton tell you yet?" He asked. "Tell me what? That he's planning on taking me hiking in New Zealand?" I asked. "Yep," Michael replied. "Yeah, and that you're okay with it. It's going to be so fun!" I said as my first kernel popped. I poured more in before putting the lid back on.

"Why don't you just make bagged popcorn?" Michael asked. "Cos it's better this way," I replied, shaking my pot as more kernels popped. "I have a friend that is going to come stay with us for a bit when we are back here after we're in Aus," He replied. "Oh really? Who?" I asked as I finished popping my kernels and poured the popcorn into a bowl. "You'll have to wait and see, but I have a feeling you've heard of them," Michael replied, taking a piece of my popcorn. "Oh, so you won't even tell me their gender?" I asked with a small laugh as we left the kitchen. I went up to my room where Ashton was sitting at my desk. "What cha doing?" I asked, setting the popcorn bonnet to him and grabbing a handful.

"Song writing. I have a few ideas, but not a lot and I'm not getting very far," Ashton replied. "Can I see?" I asked. He handed me the paper and I looked over the beautiful lyrics. "Wow," I said. "Maybe show these to Cal?" I suggested. "Not right now. He and Colleen are on a date right now," He said, mockingly making a disgusted face. I laughed and threw popcorn at him, which he miraculously caught in his mouth. I suddenly heard a crash, followed by laughter and I ran to the source. Colleen was lying on the floor with Calum next to her and they both had black paint streaked across them as well as a dented canvas under Calum. "Oh. My. God." I said in shock, laughing at them.

"How did this happen?!" I asked, pulling Colleen up and being careful to not get paint on me. "Paint war," She replied, pulling hair out of her face and smearing more paint on her forehead on accident. "We were just having a cute little paint date but then SOMEONE decided to flick paint at me!" Calum said as Colleen helped him up. "It was an accident, you were the one who dragged your brush across my face!" Colleen said, laughing and helping him up. "Oh yeah?!" Calum asked, scooping some red paint out of the container behind him and flicking it at Colleen. Colleen then dumped the whole green container on his head, getting in his blonde streaks and dripping down his face.

"Oh my God," He said, wiping his hand across his face and then grabbing Colleen's arm, leaving a large green handprint on her forearm. "Calum!" She shouted while laughing. "You guys are going to make a mess of this room," Michael said. "They already did," Ashton replied as the paint fight continued in front of us. I walked away with Ashton close behind me. "That's a mess," I said, turning my T.V. on. "Yeah," He said, sitting next to me on my bed and grabbing the popcorn bowl. We cuddle up together to watch The Lego Movie and just talk.

Hey guys! So I refuse to accept the fact that Cal is nineteen now. I mean, let's be honest, he's still mentally 5. Also, sorry for the long wait for the chapter. Oh, and if you see the media, then it's the first thing I've put in the media so I wanted it to be ridiculous and random. Anyways, bye guys ilyasm! See Ya next chapter