VII. Twilight Forest

Tommy looked at a picture in the book he was reading. In the picture was a Heaven looking place, nothing like Tommy had seen before. Even the mobs looked different, pigs and cows with wings.

"Do you know what that place is?"

Tommy turned around to see the blonde librarian standing behind him.

"No, what is it?" Tommy shook his head before tilting it.

"It's the Aether. A magical place from the stories. It's said to be Heaven like and the total opposite of the Nether. Many scholars have written about it, but no one has really been there. It's spoken that the portal is made out of glowstone and water. People have tried that, but apparently it works only if an angel tries that," Emmalyn explained.

"An angel? Like Lady Irene?" Tommy tilted hi head.

Emmalyn shook her head, "No, Lady Irene is a Goddess!"

"Right," Tommy nodded. He hadn't thought about that.

"People aren't exactly sure if Lady Irene ever tried to go there," Emmalyn continued. "It shouldn't be possible for her to do that," She mentioned.

"What exactly is an angel?" Tommy asked curiously.

"An angel is a winged human like creature. They are either good angel, whose wings are white. Or dark angels, whose wings are black. No one has seen them in centuries, but people still believe that they exist, at least some," Emmalyn explained. "Some believe they're people of different gods and goddesses like Lady Irene, but some believe they're just their own kind of humans!"

"You seem to know a lot about them," Tommy pointed out.

"Not much," Emmalyn blushed after realizing she had just gone crazy speaking about something she knew about. "But I've done a little research. I wanted to find out if there was a possibility that Lady Irene was an angel, but that doesn't seem possible," She explained.

"I see," Tommy nodded. "What about this? Aether, was it?"

"Aether is a dimension like that you see in the picture. It's really beautiful and peaceful, absolutely nothing like the Nether! There are creatures like those flying pigs and cows, which are adorable!" Emmalyn exclaimed.

"That sounds really cool!" Tommy admitted. The Aether was definitely a place he would love to visit if that would be possible.

"Yeah! It's really cool!" Emmalyn nodded.

The front door of Emmalyn's little library was opened and Aphmau walked in.

"Hey Tommy and Emmalyn!" She greeted smiling.

"Lady Aphmau!" Emmalyn smiled.

"Hey mum!" Tommy greeted her.

"Are you ready to come home Tommy? It's getting late and you have training with Laurance tomorrow!" Aphmau reminded.

Tommy looked at Emmalyn. He didn't know is she had still something she wanted to tell. He didn't want to be rude and just leave.

"We can continue later, you can go now!" Emmalyn smiled.

"Alright, thank you for everything! See you later!" Tommy smiled and waved as he followed Aphmau out of the house.

     A young woman looked at her secret lover, a dark angel. She bit her lover lip as she noticed the way her lover was looking at her.

"You didn't tell me you had a husband and two sons, why?" Her lover's voice was cold.

"I-I.." The woman sobbed quietly.