XXIII. Ranboo's Worry

Ranboo hesitatedly watched as his platonic husband built a tower next to the prison.

"He's been working for hours straight now," Ghostbur pointed out sounding really worried.

"I know... But he doesn't listen to me.. When Tommy left, he broke and even I can't help him.. He wants to kill Dream so badly that he just can't be stopped.." Ranboo spoke quietly, rubbing his arm.

"Does he even have an actual plan?" Ghostbur inquired tilting his head.

Ranboo sighed and shook his head. Tubbo didn't have a plan, he just wanted to get rid of Dream so badly that he had just began working without having an actual plan to follow.

"B-but I'm sure he'll work something out..!" Ranboo mumbled quietly, trying to give himself false hope.

"You really should speak to him, or get someone else to help too. This will just tear him apart and we both know that.." For a second Ranboo thought he heard something different in Ghostbur's voice, but blamed it on his own imagination.

"I tried to, but it didn't work.. I feel like only Tommy can help him, but he isn't here and he's never coming back.." Ranboo spoke quietly.

"Then why don't you go get him?" Ghostbur asked tilting his head.

"W-what?!" Ranboo exclaimed in shock.

"I'm sure there's a way to get to the other dimension. I actually found some old books from the strongholds library that mentioned dimension-traveling, but sadly they were in a language I couldn't understand. The enchanting table language," Ghostbur spoke, looking at Tubbo.

"The Standard Galactic?" Ranboo asked carefully. "I can understand those!"

"Really? Then I should take you to the library to see the books yourself!" Ghostbur exclaimed.

"Now? What about Tubbo?" Ranboo hesitatedly worriedly.

"You can ask someone to come and make sure he doesn't do anything stupid! You don't have to tell that to him though!" Ghostbur hummed floating around the tall male.

"Okay.." Ranboo bit his lower lip and glanced at Tubbo, who was caught up in building the tower.

"I think I saw Puffy there just a moment ago. I can go get her or someone else if she's busy! You can wait here 'till I come back!" Ghostbur decided and excitedly floated away before Ranboo got a change to protest.

He turned to look back at the tower and made his way to Tubbo. He didn't want to lie, but he was too worried about his platonic husband.

"Hey Boo! Can you come help me out a bit?" Tubbo smiled as he noticed the taller male come to him.

"Sorry, there's something I need to do. Will you be alright on your own?" Ranboo spoke hesitatedly, hoping Tubbo wouldn't notice anything.

"Oh! I'll be fine! Don't worry 'bout me, just go do what you gotta do!" Tubbo waved it off easily. He was too busy to notice how nervous Ranboo looked.

"Are you sure? You've been working for hours, don't you need a break?" Ranboo asked carefully, making Tubbo frown.

"I'm fine, as I said! You don't have to worry 'bout me! I know when to take a break, and this is a really important project!" Tubbo groaned. He clearly wasn't happy with what Ranboo had suggested, which made the taller worry even more.

Tubbo turned around and hurried back to continuing what he was doing, leaving Ranboo all alone outside the tower.

"This will tear you apart.. Can't you see that..?" Ranboo whispered knowing the other wouldn't hear him anyways.