XXXI. The Wolf

Tommy hurried through the Shadows. He had to make it to Falcon Claw and find this Child of The Moon who was like him. He had so many questions he wanted to ask from them because he had never before met a Child of The Moon who hadn't given up their fight against the darkness and fallen completely out of light.

The forest that separated Phoenix Drop from O'Khasis was really deep. Tommy had heard from Aphmau that it had been grown by Hyria and Lady Irene. Now just Hyria lived there all alone, protecting it from everyone. But of course Tommy's darkness was more powerful than Hyria's spell. The moon was high up in the sky, making the forest's Shadows even darker, making Tommy one of them and guiding him through the forest.

He didn't know if Hyria felt his presence, but he wouldn't be surprised if she did. She was a witch after all, and a very smart one. She was old too, way more older than Phil, old Tommy would have said. That reminded Tommy of the Dream Smp again, yet, he didn't miss it. He didn't miss all the suffering and abuse, loneliness and pain. He was way more happier in the past, in the time before he was born. He loved the ancient world he was living in, not the modern world he had born in. When he had gone back, he had immediately wanted to go back to the past. He wanted to live in the time before he was born, before he was supposed to have a form.

(Yes, I'm listening to Ancient Dreams In Modern Land. There are lines that fit Tommy pretty well and I just realised it-)

Soon the ruins of Falcon Claw appeared before his eyes and he finally slowed down, looking around. He had never really visited the place and wasn't exactly sure where he was supposed to look for. He knew the history though, he had heard it from Aphmau and Aaron. He knew that it was all Zane's fault and it really made him hate the man even more than he already did.

"What do you think you're doing here?" A voice growled behind him, making him spin around and saw a young looking werewolf. Looked like he had found who he had been looking for.

She had long, brown hair that was tied on a high ponytail. Her eyes were red and glowing in the moonlight. She was wearing a yellow top and black pair of shorts. Her arms were wrapped in bandages and she had black gloves. Her shoes were dark, long combat boots and there was a dark red scarf wrapped around her neck, covering her mouth. She had werewolf ears and tail. There was a long sword in her hand, she was ready to attack at any given moment.

"You can calm down, I'm not here to hurt anyone," Tommy said, raising his hands up in the air, but keeping his guard up.

"Then, why are you here?" she asked coldly, not lowering her weapon.

"I can see how the Shadows surround you like friends. They protect you in the same way the protect me. I know you are a Child of The Moon too," Tommy said calmly. "I came looking for you."

"Why should I cooperate with you?" she asked, raising her eyebrows.

"We are the same kind, we are both Children of The Moon," Tommy confessed, hoping that she would listen to him.

"You seem like a guard. Why would a guard like you want to work with a lonely wolf like me?" she asked, feeling suspicious of him. It was clear that her trust was hard to get.

"Despite Unknown's words that we have to stay away from the Shadow Knight, I want to rebel against her wishes and do something," Tommy explained.

"Why do you think that I would want to help with that?" she asked, looking at him disbelief in her eyes. There was something in her eyes that made Tommy stop for a second.

"I can see that your sword is covered in the dark blood of those Shadow Souls," he pointed out after managing to move his eyes from hers.

"Fine, you got me there," she admitted. "But why should I work with you?" she asked again.