XXXII. More Tragedy

Tommy walked through the forest. He wasn't really exited about telling the news of Andy to Claire. As a parent he couldn't even imagine how it would feel to loose Clementine or Shroud. Now suddenly he really wanted to go make sure they were both alright.

Then his eyes drifted to the beach where he saw Aphmau with Garroth and Laurance. He heard Laurance yelling at her and Garroth trying to step in. With no thought, Tommy hurried to step between Aphmau and Laurance.

"What do you think you're yelling for?" he asked, eyes slightly glowing in the fading moonlight. Laurance froze as he saw the look in his eyes.

"Stay out of this," the Shadow Knight growled, staring into Tommy's eyes.

"What if I don't?" Tommy taunted, not breaking the eye contact. The Moon was whispering into his ear, telling him to show the Shadow Knight who ruled in the Shadows.

"Laurance! Tommy! That's enough!" Aphmau spoke up, something in her voice sounded wrong. She sounded sad, a bit depressed. It bother Tommy, he didn't want her to hurt, he wanted her to be happy.

The filthy Shadow Knight had made her upset.

"That's enough, I said!" Aphmau exclaimed. Her voice was way more confident now, it made Laurance tsk and turn around.

"Laurance, you should calm down," Garroth encouraged, trying to place his hand on Laurance's shoulder, only for him to shake it off and start walking away.

"Laurance," Vylad called out, appearing from the forest. He walked after the other Shadow Knight after glancing towards Aphmau, Garroth and Tommy.

"What happened?" Tommy asked, turning to look back at Aphmau and Garroth. Aphmau bit her lip, looking a bit uneasy.

"It was just another imp in the forest.." she answered quietly, that was all Tommy needed to know to understand. He knew that the imp had looked like Sly.

"Well, I have pretty bad news too," Tommy started. Aphmau and Garroth turned to look at him.

"What happened?" Aphmau asked carefully.

"Andy followed me out of the gates of Phoenix Drop. I didn't notice him at first because there was something weird in the air. As I mentioned it to Alexis, Andy spoke up and made himself noticed. I told Alexis to take him back, but just as she was about to open the gate, a weird looking Shadow Soul crushed Andy against the wall. He died immediately," Tommy explained, watching how Aphmau's and Garroth's face turned with shock.

"What?" Garroth exclaimed. "Is Andy dead?" he asked in shock.

"There was nothing we could have done. Andy died in seconds," Tommy answered sadly. He could never forget the scene that had happened in front of his eyes.

"That's absolutely terrifying.. Claire's going to be heartbroken when she hears about it.." Aphmau whispered, covering her mouth with her hand. Her eyes were getting teary.

"...What did you say...?"

The three of them spun around to see Claire behind them. Her laundry basket laid on the sand and all the clothes had fallen off.

"I-is Andy...?" she whispered, not being able to believe what she had just heard.

"Claire, I'm so sorry.." Aphmau whispered, quietly reaching out for her with her hand.

"No.. No.. No.. No.." Claire sobbed and spun around, running towards the forest.

"Claire!" Aphmau shouted after her. "Tommy, please, go after her!" she begged him. Tommy nodded and immediately ran after her.