XXVII. Ranboo's Research Begins

Ranboo sat on the bed and looked at Tubbo, who was peacefully sleeping on his own side. Ranboo didn't want to bother him so he quietly stood up and picked up the books he had found before heading to another room.

He sat down and opened the first book, which told about Lady Irene's life. The two books were about Lady Aphmau, the Lord of Phoenix Drop and founder of Phoenix Alliance. The last book was a diary or something like that, but Ranboo was pretty sure it was written by Tommy. He didn't want to read it yet, he had a feeling he should wait until he read it.

     The book about Lady Irene was old and pretty much ruined, but the text was still mostly clear. The book used old words and things that had existed centuries ago, so it wasn't the easiest one to understand, but Ranboo tried his best.

He learned about Lady Irene's life, friends, the places she had visited, things she had done and a lot more. He learned also more about how things had worked when she had been alive. He was amazed by everything he had learned. He didn't understand why people didn't speak about her anymore.

"Ranboo?" Tubbo's voice came from the door and Ranboo turned to face his husband, who looked like he had just woken up. "It's 4am. Why are you awake?" Tubbo continued.

"Don't worry about me. I was just doing some researching," Ranboo answered and glanced at the book he had closed when Tubbo had called him.

"Is it gonna help us kill Dream?" Tubbo asked leaning against the doorframe.

"No, it's not," Ranboo admitted and faced Tubbo, who frowned and looked disappointed.

"We should only focus on killing Dream, nothing else," Tubbo snapped coldly before turning on his heels and walking away.

Ranboo silently looked as his husband disappeared from his vision and bit his lower lip sadly. He hated seeing Tubbo like that. He tried to tell himself that Tubbo was just stressed about everything, especially about Tommy's leaving. He was blaming himself for it and now he thought that killing Dream would solve all of their problems.

     Ranboo bit his lower lip and glanced at the map between the books old pages. It was map of Ru'aun. For everything he had learned, he was pretty positive that Ru'aun had been exactly where the Dream Smp nowadays was. The island had changed a lot during the passed centuries, but from what Ranboo had figured out, L'manberg had been in the same place as a village called Phoenix Drop, Snowchester had been built where BrightPort had been and the Syndicate area was where Pikoro Village had been in. But he wasn't 100% sure about that. The map was old and the island had changed a lot.

Ranboo hesitatedly stood up and glanced at the map again. Would there be something old under the bedrock? What if there was still something that had survived from Phoenix Drop? He wouldn't know if he didn't even try.

     Ranboo stood by L'manberg's crater. He didn't know if this was even going to be worth it or if there was going to be anything at all. He didn't even know if Phoenix Drop had been there or if the Dream Smp even was where Ru'aun had been in. Or what if the whole story was just a fairytale and Lady Irene was just a fictional character?

He made his way under the glass barrier and began carefully digging the dirt and stone with his bare hands, which seemed kinda stupid.

     After hours of unsuccessful searching, Ranboo decided to finally give up. He was all dirty and the weather was hot. But then his hand hit something different and he picked up a leather book. He looked at the book and realized that it was a really old photo album.

He opened the book and saw a picture of a superhero group and a text saying 'The Few'. The next page had a photo of two of the superheroes and it looked like a wedding photo. It said 'Sly Stark & Jessica Aphmau Odison-Stark'. Ranboo looked at the female and her name for a moment before realizing that she was probably Lady Irene's daughter, or at least a descendant of her. Soon he realized that the female must have been also Tommy's adoptive mother.