XXV. Worry

(I saw a rainbow, but it doesn't show in the picture pretty well-)

"So, you're going somewhere with mom, Katelyn and Garroth?" Malachi asked, looking at his brother, who was currently sitting on the floor trying to get rid of the strings his son was making on the carpet.

"I have stayed at the same place for too long. I need to go on an adventure for a while", Tommy explained and picked up Shroud before he could ruin the carpet even more.

"You're going all the way to O'Khasis too. That's pretty far away", Levin leaned against the back of the couch, right next to where Malachi was sitting on the couch.

"Well, we have to go look for Garroth's mother. She's all the way in O'Khasis, so there's really no other options", Tommy sighed and ran his hand through Clementine's messy hair, only to stop the action immediately when he realised that now her hair was full of string that had gotten stuck on his fingers.

"You should get there by going through Hyria's forest, she'll probably let you go through", Malachi reminded and chuckled at his brother's "tonnin seteli" -face after realising that he wasn't getting rid of Shroud's string.

"Are you going to leave Clementine and Shroud here with Zoey, Isabella and Sally?" Levin asked as he picked up Shroud from the carpet, where the little boy had slipped to the moment his father had looked away.

"Yeah, those three definitely know how to take care of children", Tommy huffed and began plucking the strings out of Clementine's hair.

"They definitely do. They even fight over them every time they get a change to", Malachi hummed and looked at his brother's children.

"Yeah. Btw, have you met Claire and Andy yet? Mum's sister and her son", Tommy turned to look at his brothers. Malachi nodded. "We did meet them, seemed like nice people. It's great to have mom's family here too", he said.

             There was a knock on the door and soon it was pushed open by Aphmau. She stepped to the room and smiled to all her sons and grandchildren. "Tommy, we should start preparing for leaving. We'll get moving when the sun rises tomorrow", she told.

"Levin, Malachi, can you get someone to watch over Clementine and Shroud?" Tommy turned to look at his brothers.

"Yeah, we'll go find someone when we have to get moving somewhere", Malachi smiled and Levin nodded as an agreement.

"Have you seen Laurance anywhere?" Aphmau asked as Tommy followed her towards the portal to Phoenix Alliance's Island.

"I haven't. Vylad has been missing too", Tommy pointed out with a frown as they stepped through the portal.

"We are missing both of the Shadow Knights. That's not good", Aphmau bit her lip as she felt nauseous when they stepped out of the portal.

"Everything alright, mum?" Tommy asked with concern as he in the corner of his eye saw her look sick. "I'm fine, don't worry about it", she answered.

"Hey, do you think Castor's here? I saw a bunch of feathers near the woods one day", Tommy turned to walk backwards so he could look at his mother, who was walking behind him as they made their way towards the village they were building.

"He might be. I don't know for sure, but I would say he is. Brendan and Issa took his house and the Old Meteli seemed to be pretty ruined for him. I wouldn't be surprised if I found him here", Aphmau spoke, looking into the woods like she was expecting him to just pop out randomly.

"I should probably go find him at some point. I really want to talk to him about something related to the Few and Sly", she continued more quietly. That caught Tommy's attention. He didn't ask what was wrong, but he knew there was something she was hiding from him.