XXIII. One More Night

Grian and Ranboo were again sitting in the boat. They had been traveling for quite a while now and the sea didn't seem to change at all. There was just water in every single direction.

The stars above them in the couldless night sky. The moonlight mirrored from the water and lit up the night.

Both of the travelers were silent, not saying anything. The silence was comfortable. The only noise was when the small waves of the ocean hit their boat.

     Grian glanced up at the stars that were currently leading them towards the land they wanted to go to, "Only one more night to go, then we should be there."

Ranboo tilted his head and yawned, he hadn't really slept in the last few nights and was getting pretty tired, "Alright."

"You should sleep, I'll make sure we don't depart from the course, or crash anywhere," Grian hummed and kept his glare in the horizon.

Ranboo would have resisted and told Grian that he didn't need to sleep, but he was too tired to say anything and just decided to nod a bit before closing his eyes. He almost immediately fell to unconsciousness as the boat quietly continued with the waves towards the land that was somewhere really far in the horizon, yet out of reach of their vision.

Grian glanced at the sleeping enderman and smiled. The boy already felt like a brother to him, but it wasn't surprising. In a way Ranboo kinda reminded him of his younger brothers.

     "We are slowly running out of time"

Grian raised his eyebrows, "What do you mean by that?" He asked.

"---- means that we have to hurry if we want to make sure everything goes alright"

"We need some information about Lady Irene to open a portal to the past, right?" Grian tilted his head and glanced around him, he still didn't know where the two ghosts were at.

"That's what you have to do at first, but the mission isn't so simple"

"I have done a lot, from building hundreds of the exact same towers and jumping deadly parkours. Whatever it is that we have to do, I bet it can't be that hard," Grian spoke. As a Watcher he had straight up been to the Hell and back many times.

"I don't know, I've never tried it, but I just know it isn't easy"

"Look ----! There's a salmon! Just like Sally!"

Grian turned to look into the water and saw a salmon, "Who's Sally?" He asked curiously.

"Your brother's, Wilbur's, wife"

"Wilbur has a wife? I didn't know that, but well, I don't really know anything that has happened to my family," Grian grimaced.

(I don't remember if Ranboo has told him about Sally before-)

"Dad kept talking about you. He told us stories you had told him when he was a child"

Grian froze, but soon a smile crept on his lips. He knew who the ghost was talking about.

"He talked about you more than he talked about anyone else from his biological family"

"I'm glad to know he still cares, I thought he had forgotten about me," Grian tried to hold back his tears, but it was kinda hard and he slipped a few.

"He really cares. Many times he cried your name in his sleep. You really mean the world to him"

"Let me assume, you're his children, aren't you?" Grian tilted his head. He wanted to know about his brother's family.