XVII. The World Outside Phoenix Drop

Tommy glanced at the ruins of Phoenix Drop from the gate around the settlement. The night was getting colder and the wind was strong, but he didn't mind.

He had come back to Phoenix Drop two weeks ago. Zoey hadn't returned from the other dimension yet. Either had the other returned from wherever they disappeared over 14 years ago.

The bandits had been roaming around the gates during nights. Tommy really hated them and had shot a few with a bow last night.

The night was dark, but Tommy's eyes worked in the dark way more better than before. He was able to see clearly, his powers made that possible, but no one else knew that.

He turned around as he heard someone's footsteps inside the walls. He noticed Alexis walking towards the walls.

"Hey," Tommy called out and startled the female.

"Oh my Irene! You scared me!" She whined in embarrassment.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to," Tommy apologized quickly.

"Oh, no, no, don't worry about it," Alexis smiled shyly.

"Is your shift starting?" Tommy inquired and glanced at the moon's position.

"Not yet. I just decided to come a bit earlier," Alexis shook her head. "We haven't really gotten a chance to talk, so I wanted to see if you wanted to talk a bit," She admitted shyly.

"Oh, we can talk!" Tommy smiled.

"You were in Phoenix Drop 14 years ago, I was baby back then," Alexis hummed.

"I remember. When I arrived, mum told me 'bout you being under some sort of curse and that Lucinda was taking care of you," Tommy spoke smiling.

"I don't really remember you, or anyone else," Alexis admitted sadly.

"You were an energetic kid once you were cured. I remember watching you play with Levin, Malachi and Kyle that day," Tommy smiled nostalgically as he remembered the good old days.

"My parents spoke a lot about Lady Aphmau, and her sons," Alexis explained. "They had many good stories," She sighed.

"Hey, do you remember Brian..?" Tommy asked suddenly, but carefully.

"Brian.? My older brother..?" Alexis inquire quietly.

"Yeah.." Tommy nodded slowly.

"Not exactly, but a bit. My parents stopped talking about him every time I asked. I heard that he betrayed the whole village and let in the enemies.." Alexis spoke quietly.

"Do you miss him, or are you just disappointed of him being your brother..?" Tommy asked carefully.

"I'm just disappointed, I guess.." Alexis mumbled.

"Well, I have two biological brothers at my old home... Techno and Wilbur.. Me and Wilbur started a nation together and Wilbur blew it up before forcing our father to kill him.. After that my adopted brother, who was also my best friend, exiled me. After I returned there from Phoenix Drop, I went to team up with Techno. He blew up the nation my best friend had rebuild after Wilbur blew it up.." Tommy spoke quietly with a sad tone.

"I-I'm sorry to hear that..!" Alexis whispered, she sounded terrified.

"No, don't worry 'bout it," Tommy hummed quickly. "Let's talk 'bout something nicer, shall we?" He continued.

"Yeah," Alexis smiled shyly.

Tommy opened his eyes and glanced at the clock on the wall. It was 2pm. He yawned and sat up before standing up and heading downstairs.