XII. One Is Never Enough

Tommy was sitting alone on the slope of one of the mountains on the island. The village was down below him, looking awfully quiet.

Aaron was gone and Aphmau was mourning over him. She had locked herself in her old house back in Phoenix Drop. Zoey, Garroth and Katelyn had followed her there and tried to make her feel better. Laurance had disappeared and Vlyad was usually nowhere to be seen. Right now on the island were only Tommy, Clementine, Isabella, Travis, Dmitri, Kiki, Brendan and his family, Yip and Leona. Emmalyn and Kenmur were still in the ruins. Plus, Castor was somewhere with his chickens. Also no one had any idea where Chad had gone to, but no one actually really cared.

Tommy had left Clementine with Isabella for today and Biscuit had stayed at home. He was now all alone, but he could see Sally brushing her hair by the shore. She was keeping an eye on him from the far.

     Suddenly he heard a noise behind and quickly spun around to see what was sneaking on him.

There behind him was sitting a bit startled boy. He had black hair and four bloodshot-red eyes. From his back came four spider legs. He had pointy ears and a bit sharper teeth. He was probably around three years old and definitely a spider-hybrid.

"Hey there little fella!" Tommy stared at the boy with sparkling eyes.

The boy carefully crawled a bit closer to Tommy and Tommy gently picked him up. He took a note how thin and weak the spider-hybrid looked.

"Do you have a home, little fella?" He asked carefully.

The hybrid tilted his head, "Mommy gone!" He hissed, looking like he didn't really know anything about anything.

"Do you wanna come with me, little fella?" Tommy asked carefully. Clementine would love a little brother.

"Yea!" The spider-hybrid smiled shyly. He was getting a safe feeling from the older male.

"Do you have a name?" Tommy asked and run his hand carefully through the hybrid's soft black hair.

"Name?" The hybrid tilted his head.

"I take that as a no," Tommy hummed, "Can I name you then?" He asked with a smile.

"Yea!" The hybrid chuckled.

"I'll name you Shroud!" Tommy announced proudly. "You're now my son, Shroud!" He smiled.

"Yay!" Shroud giggled.

"Let's go introduce you to your new sister. Her name is Clementine and she's really nice!" Tommy spoke softly and stood up, lifting Shroud to his arms.

"Sissy?" Shroud's eyes began shining. He seemed excited.

"Yeah! Clementine is your new sister!" Tommy smiled even more now.

     Tommy arrived back to the village with Shroud on his arms. He made his way to the house where Isabella was currently watching Clementine.

"Oh, hey Tommy! Wait- Is that a child?" Isabella's eyes lit up.

"Yep, this is my new son, Shroud! I came here to introduce him to his older sister!" Tommy explained proudly and placed Shroud on the ground next to Clementine, who looked really curious about her new brother.

"Clementine, this is Shroud, your new brother. Shroud, this is Clementine, your new older sister," Tommy introduced his children to each other.

"Sissy!" Shroud giggled and wrapped his arms and spider legs around his new sister.

Clementine giggled and ruffled his hair. She still didn't speak much. Tommy assumed that she didn't want to speak because she didn't know how to speak the way four years olds would speak. Her speaking sounded way more mature than it was supposed to.