Glynda Gets a Halo

Y/n POV

Well...shit. This is awkward as hell. I can't tell if Blake can see or hear Summer all the time, or just if she's been in contact with the sword of Storms. Right now we're walking Lance and Kara back to their apartment above Tukson's Bookstore and I can't tell if Blake keeps stealing glances at me, or at Summer riding on my shoulders like a child while Kara holds my right hand.

I'm not entirely paying attention to Blake either as I'm looking around for any evidence that those hybrid bastards didn't get enough of an ass whipping the first time and have come back for more.

Then I'm broken from my head on a swivel constant watch for baddies when Summer leans over my head and whisper shouts to me.

"Hey, hey! Y/n!"

I glanced up at her silver eyes that were hanging down over my own. I whispered back to her and thankfully I have given Kara my headphones and some music to keep her calm after what just happened, so she can't hear me. But, being cautious, I whispered anyway

"Yes giggle monster? What is it?"

She motioned to Blake with her eyes in such an exaggerated motion that I almost laughed.

"Why can she see me now? I mean she couldn't see me before? And she couldn't hear me before, but can she hear me now? I mean...do I get to talk to someone else?! I gotta know!"

I heard a giggle come from ahead of us and looked to see Blake's bow twitch. I smirked and turned to Summer with nothing but mischief on my face.

"Well there's one answered question. We have a naughty kitten listening in on us right now, don't we? You naughty girl."

Summer started to giggle at my blatant flirting and Blake seemed to go back to focusing on Lance, who was holding her hand and leading her to the bookstore. So I let my smirk linger a bit before addressing the other questions that summer had posed.

"As for why she can see and hear you now, but couldn't before...well I have a couple theories about that. Obviously, they all have to do with the Sword of Storms. But it can't just be that because both Yang and Ruby have touched the Sword of Storms. Yang has taken it multiple times in her attempts to tease me into being hers..."

I stopped and shivered, to which Summer patted my head in apology for her daughter. But, moments later, I shook it off and continued along my line of thought.

"And Ruby wanted me to teach her how to wield a sword, so she has definitely used it more than Blake...right? Hmmm."

I looked down at Kara, now fully intrigued by a video of two dogs in firefighter gear running off to save the day, and smiled. I felt warm inside, kind of like when I made my sister happy, but in a more...fatherly way. I thought to myself that I'd never let those asshole hybrids and their magic pets get to her...

WAIT....MAGIC?!?

It hit me like a falling bullhead to the face. Magic. Neither Ruby nor Yang had never held the Storm of Swords when anything remotely magical had been taking place. But to confirm my suspicions, I caught up to Blake and faced her with a serious expression.

"Did that idiot mention magic? When you killed his stupidly easy to kill pet?"

Blake screwed her face up in concentration and thought back, only to have her face brighten as she turned back to me.

"Yes! The creepy Hybrid guy said his 'pet' could only be killed by magic, I thought it was a load of crap..."

I interrupted her excitedly, my mind desperate to prove a hypothesis.