New Friends

Y/n POV

After a 15 minute or so walk, with a couple wrong turns, because I mean Summer hasn't been here in over a decade, we finally made it to the Auditorium. Ruby, Jaune, and I were entering Beacon Academy's giant auditorium, filled to the brim with people when I heard a satisfied grunt from my shoulders where Summer was still sitting. Ruby looks over when she hears Yang's voice.

I also looked over to see Yang waving at me and Ruby. 

"Ruby! Y/n! Over here! I saved you two a spot!"

Ruby turns to Jaune.

"Oh! Hey, I-I gotta go! I'll see you after the ceremony!"

Jaune calls out to her.

"Hey, wait!"

He sighs.

"Ah, great. Where am I supposed to find another nice, quirky girl to talk to?!"

He looks at me.

"At least you're still here. Are you…"

I shook my head.

"Sorry bud. I gotta go. See ya later bub."

I walked over to Yang and Ruby but looked back to see him moving on to reveal a red haired spartan standing behind him, hand on her hips as she watched him walk away. I smirked, maybe the dense bastard wouldn't be forever alone after all.

As I walked up to Yang and Ruby, I saw two others. One was Gray...and he'd already lost his jacket. The other was a guy with gray hair and green eyes. His gray cat tail with a tan tip marked him as a cat Faunus. I extended a hand to him.

"Hello, I don't think I've met you buddy. I'm Y/n Tempestarii. What's your name?"

He looked a little surprised, but Gray nodded to him and gestured to my outstretched hand. So the guy shook my hand.

"I'm Oliver Durham. Nice to meet ya. I take it you're Thunder breath? Gray was pretty impressed with your semblance. In fact after I met him a couple months ago, he wouldn't shut up about the nice version of one of his other friends."

I looked over at Gray.

"Is that true? You won't shut up about me huh?"

Gray turned away with an angry face.

"You thunder was cool ok?"

I piped up to Yang's pleasure.

"It was cool? This from a guy with an ice semblance? I love the pun, but come on, you can do so much better."

Yang's eyes flared and she looked at me with a predatory, almost hungry look. Oliver saw this and laughed.

"I like this one. She's feisty."

Yang turned to Oliver curiously. Seeing his tail, his obviously toned body, and his sparkling smile.

"Mee-ow, looks like you have competition, my silver eyed protector."

I chuckled as Summer groaned. Yang certainly is definitely gonna be a handful with her flirting. Oliver and Gray joined me as I went from chuckling to full on laughing. Yang's face went from smirking to frowning. She blew a raspberry at the boys and turned to her sister, Summer just shook her head and leaned on my head.

"She's my problem child. I love her, but she's such a Maverick."

This just caused me to laugh harder.

Yang turns to Ruby, her arms crossed.

"How's your first day going, little sister?"

Ruby narrowed her eyes at Yang.