Not a Damsel, but a Badass

Summer POV

After leaving Ozpin's office, Y/n, Blake, and I started walking back to the dorms together. Blake was the first one to speak.

"So are you going to tell me the story now...?"

I don't know why but I was feeling feisty. So I made a smartass remark.

"Do you have three hours?"

Y/n looked at me with a surprised expression at the way I said that, but I just shrugged. It wasn't entirely a snide remark, there was a lot to explain to her. Blake however was suitably chastened and shook her head.

"No, I should probably go back and get the notes and homework that I missed. You probably should too. Maybe we could...talk soon?"

Y/n nodded to her with a smile. Stupid boys and their stupid hormones. But I kept my mouth shut and kept walking. Y/n's stomach growled and he grabbed his stomach with a look of betrayal on his face.

"I guess that means we're headed to the cafeteria to try and get his stomach to quiet down."

I smirked and waved at Blake as I turned towards the cafeteria. Suddenly my mood was turning for the better. As I walked off quickly, Y/n was forced to wave quickly at Blake and follow me. Once we were far enough down the hallway to be alone, Y/n turned to me with a curious and concerned look on his face.

"Is there something wrong? You've been acting a bit off today. Especially around Blake."

Oh oatmeal cookies! He hit the nail on the head. I need to think of something quickly. Then one of my self-conscious thoughts gave me the perfect escape and reason for my attitude.

"When we tell her the story, it makes me look like a damsel in distress...like I was useless for a decade. I feel like that stupid girl in the tower that you had to come and rescue. That's not me...and it...just makes me feel like I'm not good enough you know?"

I looked away, because I really did feel that way, but I was also hiding a blush because I wasn't talking about being good enough in general.

I was surprised when, instead of reprimanding me for having a crappy attitude, which he had every right to do, he walked over and pulled me to his chest in a hug.

"Is that it? Come now Glimmer, you're not useless, you're definitely good enough, and if you remember, I didn't rescue you, you rescued me."

He stood there and rubbed my back and patted my head. I kinda felt guilty not telling him everything, but this really had been bothering me. And I did enjoy this hug, like a lot. But Y/n wasn't done, he kept talking.

"You weren't held in some cushy tower like a powerless princess. You were chained, beaten and left to rot in a dungeon because they were afraid of you. You didn't give in, give up, or any sort of thing. You held out like a bloody legend for over a decade! And then when a dead soul like me came to release you from your chains, you helped me fight, like an absolute badass! But you didn't stop there Glimmer. When you realized we had little to no chance to get you out of there alive, you used your badass eye powers like a boss."

He then got real quiet and hugged me tighter. I could tell he was having trouble talking to me.

"You have nothing to be ashamed of, Summer. There is no one I'd rather have watching my back for eternity. So if what I say counts, I don't think you're useless or a damsel in distress, you are the badass hero who survived over a decade in chains and still managed to come out swinging. If Blake can't see that when she hears the true story, then she is missing out."