Beacon CTF part 3

Qrow POV

Had someone told me a year ago that I'd be sober, laughing at a table with my adorable bratty nieces, a good woman, and her kids without worry that my semblance would mess it up, I would have called them insane. Yet here I was, talking to a woman I've fallen for while the kiddos are enjoying the food. And to top it all off, my old teammate and best friend, who was thought to be dead for over a decade, was sitting next to her daughters and laughing with them.

Magic is crazy, man. Hell, I've noticed it since I shook thunderbrat's hand, but I can almost direct my semblance now. He, along with his sister and mom seem to just be immune to my semblance whatsoever, but that's not the only thing I've found out about them. Somehow, just by being in proximity, my aura and semblance seem to be...I don't want to say more powerful, or even more controlled, but it definitely feels more natural when I feel it working.

I was broken from my thoughts when Scarlett whispered in my ear.

"They're adorable aren't they?"

I looked towards her, then followed her gaze to see Summer, or "Aestival" as she now insists we call her in public, gushing about adventures, stories, and memories with Ruby and Yang. Ariel was paying rapt attention to them, but she's always looking forward to the next story. Y/n was being more subdued, but I could tell by the small yet noticeable smile that he was enjoying giving little Summer time with her kids.

In fact, it brought a smile to my face as well to think about the sheer amount of dumb luck that has reunited my shy but mischievous little partner from Beacon with her kids. And it was all due to Scarlett's kid, Y/n. I'd say it is sufficient evidence to show the Tempestarii can't be affected by my Semblance. In fact, they seem to have brought out a secondary part of my semblance, good luck.

Now that hit me hard. I've lived almost my entire life not knowing that I could give good luck, not just bad luck. Huh, maybe I should try to actively try, maybe Scarlett could help me with that.

With a slightly harder than gentle shove to my side, Scarlett interrupted my train of thought.

"What's up birdbrain? You have that look that means you're thinking harder than your tiny feathered brain can handle."

I snorted, because maybe I should practice on her, rather than with her.

"Just thinking maybe I could spend some time with you to improve my semblance. With you Tempestarii, it just seems like you have good luck instead of bad when around me."

She leaned on me, smiling sweetly up at me.

"I was thinking of spending time with just the two of us now too. Ariel can stay with Y/n, Summer is a built-in mom for her too!"

I chuckled then looked down at her, moving a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"What, pray tell, were you planning on doing, just the two of us?"

She smirked, sliding up my arm, clinging to me as she brought her mouth to my ear.

"Next time Glyn asks, I want you to have to lie about not defiling me."

Ok, I'm not a baby faced kid just out of puberty, but that made even me blush a bit. Seeing this, Scarlett giggled and let go of me, looking towards the back of the Bullhead as it opened. We were here.

I sighed in relief and stood up. I looked back at the kids, because yes Summer will always be a kid, and called out to them.

"I know you're excited to see your cousin, Aestival, again, but it's time to go girls. You too brat."