Now that's a Thunderjaw!

Y/n POV

Well fuck. That massive dinosaur looking Grimm was pissed about something. Summer gasped as she and Gray both stuttered out the name of this beast. 

"T-tha-that's a...Thunderjaw!"

I snorted, this ugly ass thing was called a THUNDERjaw? Blasphemy! But even I have to admit this thing was ominous. It was easily 30-40 feet tall, all black save its blood red eyes and white bone plating on it's massive skull and white spikes running down its spine and tail. It's bleach white claws also had the same crimson markings as it's skull. 

I groaned and stood straight, taking my arms off of Oliver and Gray. I looked around. Most of the other eleven kids around me were either frozen in fear or shaking with their weapons in hand, ready, but somewhat unwilling to fight. I couldn't blame them, even if my knees weren't shaking from the effort of flinging that massive slab of stone just now, I wouldn't be cool as a cucumber either. This was one big bastard. And he was like nothing I had faced before. But then I remembered. Our goal wasn't to fight every Grimm that got in our way, it was to grab a relic and get out of here. So with a crack of my knuckles and a pop of my shoulders, I stood straight and called out to everyone. 

"We just need to get the relics and GTFO right?"

I paused as this seemed to shake everyone out of their trances. Then Jaune of all people called out. 

"He's right! There's no reason to stick around and fight that monstrosity!"

But then Ruby squeaked out.

"But there's no way that thing will let us go by without giving chase!"

I chuckled and waved them off. 

"I'll distract it with lightning and then fly off. My semblance allows that. It'll be easy to let you guys escape."

Before anyone could say anything, Summer started yelling at me. 

"YOU IDIOT! YOU DON'T HAVE NEARLY ENOUGH AURA LEFT TO DO THAT YOU LIAR!!!"

I just shook my head a tiny bit and motioned towards Ruby, but only enough for Summer to see. She hesitated when she got my meaning. But still looked like she was about to protest...only stopped when Ruby spoke up first. She yelled at me in a high pitched voice.

"But you can't Y/n! You are already exhausted!!!"

She used her semblance to quickly get over to me. I was keeping an eye on the strangely patient Thunderjaw and almost didn't have time to prepare for the cannonball of roses that hit my stomach. As she went back to normal, I hugged her and spoke to her softly. 

"I'm sorry Rubes, but can you fly?"

She shook her head sadly. 

"No, but..."

I patted her head. 

"Get going little Red. Lead 'em out."

She looked up at me and nodded, then she turned to her teammate the Ice Queen and Yang. 

"Come on guys. Let's trust him to have our backs."

Yang and Blake looked like they wanted to say something, but Ruby pulled them both to the ruins. The rest of the other 8 followed her example. But my partner, Oliver, and Rex all stayed by my side. Once they were out of earshot, Oliver whispered to me. 

"You won't be able to do this alone will you?" 

I stayed silent, having seen Blake's bow twitching. But then answered truthfully.