A Shining Beacon

Y/n POV

I stood in front of Gray having just teased him about his bad habit of stripping. He looked up at me and started to grumble.

"Shut it flame...oh hey thunder breath. I didn't think you had gotten in! I hadn't seen you yet. Good to see you though. And yes, I can keep my clothes on."

I smiled and held out my hand.

"I look forward to working with ya man. Wanna meet some of my friends?"

He took my hand and shook it while chuckling.

"You? Have friends? Yeah right!"

I smirked.

"Come on, you won't be laughing in a minute."

With that I was about to lead him to Ruby and Yang, but before we could move, I held out a hand to let that blonde kid go past us.

"Watch out for that one Gray, he already lost his breakfast all over the ship."

Gray made a sound of disgust and I chuckled. Then I saw that we were about to reach out destination, so I waited.

As soon as the bullhead lands, Vomit boy rushed out and went over to the nearest trash can, hunching over it as he loses his lunch.

Ruby and Yang, alongside several other students, walk out of the ship and head down the paved path to the front of the school. Gray and I weren't far behind.

Ruby and Yang, having not seen Beacon before, speak in unison as they take in the entirety of Beacon Academy.

"Wow..."

Yang then adds as Gray and I walk up.

"The view from Vale's got nothing on this!"

Gray apparently is a flirt too. He slid up to Yang and spoke to her.

"Looking at you, I agree with that."

I walked up and karate chopped his head.

"Can it Gray. She's outa your league."

From the ground, Gray muttered.

"Why is this feeling so familiar?"

I looked down at him with lightning sparking in my hands.

"What was that?"

Gray quickly stood up and saluted.

"Aye sir!"

Summer nodded and gave me a thumbs up. As cool as he was, she did not want her daughter dating an involuntary stripper. It was obvious she didn't want to ponder what the two of them would do together.

Yang was amused by this. In fact she slid to my side, leaning up against me.

"So if he's not in my league, does that mean only you are?"

She rubbed her...chest on me and damn near purred. Summer was too embarrassed to say anything and Ruby mirrored her mother. Then I pushed Yang away by her forehead.

"Down girl. If you haven't gotten me by now, what makes you think I'll fall for it now?"

Yang winked at me and clicked her tongue, causing Summer to groan at the incorrigible flirt that her daughter had become.

"I'm persistent Y/n, you should know that by now. I mean your endurance and my persistence...oh I can see it now."

Quickly turning the subject, I pointed to the still goofy faced Gray.