Setting Out

Y/n POV

By the time we made it back to the village, Summer thought it was right to speak. 

"Did those belong to…?"

I nodded. 

"The sword was my mother's, and the cloak was a present from my mother to my sister. Yesterday was her birthday."

Summer immediately went quiet. She didn't know what to say. So we just walked in silence to my family's house. I opened the door and proceeded inside. I laid the bundle in my hands down onto the table and went upstairs to my room. Summer was about to follow when I gave her a pointed look, then looked down at myself. She got the message and I was able to change. As soon as I opened the door with my pack and clothed in black pants, a black shirt, and boots, she looked at me with a curious face. 

"So we're leaving...where do you plan to go?"

I raised an eyebrow. 

"I thought that was obvious. We go to wherever your daughters will be."

I then walked away. A moment later I was tackled to the ground. I looked over my shoulder and saw Summer crying her eyes out. 

"What is it Summer?!? Are we under attack!?"

She just hugged me tighter. 

"No silly. I'm just thanking you, not many people would do that kind of thing for someone they just met.”

I smirked. 

“But we’re soulmates, remember?”

Summer facepalmed.

“Bad puns aside, I do have a suggestion.”

We both stood back up and headed towards the temple again.

“What would that be, giggle monster?”

She groaned and looked at me.

“Is that gonna be a thing now?”

I happily nodded.

“Of course it is, that’s how we met after all. If you hadn’t been a giggle monster, I probably wouldn’t have gone into your cell and met you.”

She rolled her eyes, but accepted the inevitable. 

“Fine, Fine...but back to my suggestion. After seeing the calendar and the map in your house, I did some math…”

I interrupted her here, feeling the teasing mojo flow through me.

“Did it hurt to do that much math?”

She stuck her tongue out at me and blew a raspberry. 

“If you would let me finish...my daughter Yang should be going to Beacon Academy next year. She always wanted to be a Huntress. So...you could try and get in too. I mean having heard and seen a little of what you can do, you should have no problem getting in. That way... you could fight against Salem and let me see my daughter often enough.”

I listened and thought over it, then I got curious and asked a question.

“Why was the map important?”

She smiled. 

“So, kind and quick...I have to keep you away from my daughters.”

I gasped and acted hurt.

“Am I not good enough for your standards Summer Rose, soulmate of mine?”

She laughed and shook her head.