Beacon CTF Part 1

Scarlett POV

Y/n left a few minutes ago and as soon as he did, Ariel fell asleep. She may be energetic but she's still a child and travelling so much over the last few months has definitely been tiring for her. I gently brushed her bangs out of her face and turned back to Ozpin.

"So you say you have a position for me here?"

Ozpin nodded, steepling his fingers.

"For now, it will be a special elective for people who want to participate in the Capture the Flag competition, both our own Beacon Cup and in the Vytal Festival. I think I'll call it Special Weapons and Tactics. You and Qrow can teach it together. I'd imagine as the partner of the Former Tempestarii Guardian and the mother of the Current one you'd know quite a few special tactics and skills."

He then turned to Qrow.

"And you cover the special Weapons part fully with that ridiculous scythe of yours."

Qrow grinned and looked at me.

"Don't count her out on that one yet Oz. Carls! Show him, show him!"

I rolled my eyes at Qrow for acting like a child, but obliged him nonetheless. I pulled out my sword and infused it with my Aura. Wind spiralled around the blade, and then in a small flash, the blade disappeared.

I looked over to Oz and he raised an eyebrow, but nothing more than that. Stupid stoic bastard taking the fun of seeing people's responses.

"Well I must admit, I've only ever seen that once before. One of Ragnar's previous lives used it as a psychological warfare tool. It's hard to fight against a weapon you can't see now isn't it."

I was a little put out that I wasn't the first one to use it, but Qrow looked like a Kid in a candy shop.

"What's it called Oz? What is it called?"

I swear I can't tell if he's a bird or a puppy sometimes. Ozpin turned to me and answered Qrow's question.

"That particular technique is called Invisible Air. Not only is it good for hiding the blade, but also it can be used as a projectile attack. When used that way, just point the sword at someone and will the Winds to shoot forth as if the blade was a gun. At that moment, the style is called 'Strike Air: Hammer of the Wind King' for obvious reasons."

Huh, I never thought of using it like a projectile, in fact I didn't even know how to interact with these winds because they felt...alive almost.

Oz then brought up a holographic video of something.

"This is an example of the Particular event you will be teaching about. The rules are simple. There are two teams of varying size depending on the year and number of students participating. Each one had a large crystal of depleted Dust ore. Beforehand, it is coated with Gravity dust so it is easy to transport. The teams control half the arena each. The goal is to reach one of three end conditions. The most common is capturing the Crystal and bringing it to your own side. The second most likely scenario is the elimination of all opposing players. And to simulate closer to real life circumstances, players are not eliminated until their aura shatters. This way our students can learn to plan for circumstances where they lack aura but still have a job to be done. It's a bit more dangerous than the Tournament style matches, but it is entirely voluntary."

I nodded then asked about the last win condition, it had me curious.

"And the last way to win? It is the least likely, but I'm still curious as to what it is."

Ozpin nodded and pointed to the video.

"I was about to show you an example of it. The last condition is simply the destruction of the enemy Crystal."