Training, Visitors, and Birdbrains

Summer POV

Yesterday was a rollercoaster of emotions that I don't want to ride again...ever. The only reason there was any indication of the end of the ride was because Y/n was there with me, the whole time. After we told Oz everything, he taught us how to manifest me for everyone to see, not just Blake, Glynda, and Oz. Now that he mentions it, I wonder why I didn't think of it sooner.

We just have to exchange Aura. Well more specifically, Y/n has to give me his Aura, a great deal of it. Now normally this wouldn't be all that bad, just energy passing from one person to another. But apparently since we're bonded, I'm getting his powers too. The bad thing?

"I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT I'M DOING!!!"

One look at Y/n and I see that he is quite amused by my helplessness. If it wasn't for the fact that he is doing this all for me, I might be tempted to slap him upside the head.

It's been twelve hours since we proved that with a sliver of Y/N's Aura, I can be seen, even by a simple Scroll camera for a minute or two. Y/n, after crashing in his bed and giving the boys a thumbs up, had gone straight to sleep. When his alarm rang eleven hours later, he had jumped out of bed, taken a quick shower, and dragged me to the "most relaxing place he knew", and up until now, I thought he meant some kind of fountain, but here we are, locked inside the forge. Not that I don't disagree that forging weapons is one of my favorite things to do, but how is this the most relaxing place he knows?

"Glimmer? This is why I wanted to do a test run, now I can teach you how to have some semblance of control over my powers when you meet your daughters face to face. We can't have you do what I did when I first met you now can we? You wanna be the cool mom right? Not the slapstick comedy mom."

I huffed and crossed my arms, I was currently floating upside down with his winds keeping my decency by keeping my skirt basically pinned to my legs. I guess, through all his chuckles and laughing at my circumstances, he does have a point. But I mean the way we met was dorky, cute, something to tell our...

Nope, not gonna finish that sentence. Cleansing my mind, I looked down at him and motioned for him to start talking, although I'm pretty sure I'm still pouting, whatever.

He rolled his eyes at me, then proceeded to try and explain how to be a Tempestarii to me.

"Ok, so I was taught in two ways, by two people: mom and dad. I'm going to teach you how mom taught me. She said..."

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Is it because you think I can't learn the way you dad taught you?"

He immediately deadpanned at me and replied in a monotone.

"No one can learn the way my dad taught. He would throw you up in the air and laugh for an hour, until you ran out of Aura, or until he'd had his fun. Then he would eventually teach you about 20 minutes at the end of the day and you'd couldn't wait till mom taught you."

I was taken aback and couldn't manage a proper response, so I could only squeak out one word in my embarrassment.

"Oh..."

He nodded his head sagely.

"Yeah. Oh. So can I teach you the right way this time? I don't think I want to just throw you to the winds and see if they like you."

I mutely nodded, feeling the heat in my face rising.

"Ok, so if you have my powers, you have at least three basic elements in your repertoire: ice, wind, and the most powerful for me is lightning. Mom says that each one has a trigger. I'll give you examples. For ice, I think of a snowflake melting on my tongue. For wind, I think of a wolf's howl. And for lightning? I think of the ringing of a hammer on a forge. So what you need to do is find what reminds you of these three powers. Once you find it, concentrate on it. Once you feel as if something is tingling over your skin, think of what you want to happen. For now, since wind seems to be giving you the most trouble, let's try and focus on that."