CTF Arc End

Gray POV

Well this sucks. It sucks the big one. Because Jaune let Coco by, she managed to get around my ice wall and beam us from behind without warning. I managed to keep up with her for a while despite the surprise attack, but the difference in manpower really got us. Yatsuhashi was able to contain Yang, which was a miracle in and of itself, and Velvet managed to keep Ren in sight at all times. Really, other than Jaune, our plan and defense wasn't foolproof, but it would have given us either a narrow win or a glorious near defeat. But, as I like to remember, the worst thing that can happen to a well oiled machine or plan...is a moron.

And I'm sorry to say, Jaune is a moron. He's miles better than he was at the initiation, but that isn't really saying much. That kid needs to head back to basics and academy prep schools.

I got a grumble from my right side, as if someone was agreeing with my mental assessment, so I turned, in surprise, to see Yang walking...well more like limping beside me. I already knew Oliver was muttering to himself on my left side with Ariel riding his shoulders, but seeing Yang the same way sort of surprised me. She was always...sunny. But I guess it makes sense, I know for certain she hates to lose.

"Oh damn! Yatsuhashi hits like a runaway Bullhead! Even through my full aura, I felt that in my bones."

With another groan, she rolled her shoulder. With a tilt of my head, I thought about it. Then I pulled off my over-shirt. Yang snorted, then spoke to me.

"Gray, your shirt."

I smiled at her as I looked her in the eye. A smirk spread across my face as I knew my semblance kept me cool as a cucumber and my shirt, though riddled with bullet holes from Coco's minigun, was clear as the moment it came out of the washer.

"I know lil dragon, but I did it on purpose this time."

I used my semblance and froze my shirt, before I handed it to her.

"Do you need an ice pack by any chance?"

She raised an eyebrow at me, but then looked me up and down. First at my frozen but still moldable shirt, then my admittedly naked torso. She seemed to consider it as she tilted her head back and forth, then an evil grin graced her face, and it was rather hot. She sidled up to my side.

"Oh, you're gonna get all nice and naked for, little old me?"

Deciding that I was not going to give her the satisfaction of being a bashful kid. So I just kept grinning. I winked at her and handed her the shirt, she took it and wrapped it around her shoulder.

"There isn't much anyone wouldn't do for 'little old you', much less me. So don't be so cold, that's what the ice is for cutie."

I turned to see Oliver and surprisingly Ariel giving me a thumbs up. I rolled my eyes at them and then led all of them to the stands to watch the last match between the boss and the people that just kicked our asses. To my surprise, I looked down to where I was leading us and saw Erza.

As if she felt my gaze, she turned and smiled at me...until she saw I was without my shirt. She sighed and pinched her nose as she groaned out my name.

"Gray..."

But surprisingly, it was Yang who spoke up before I could.

"Don't blame him this time...and only this time. He froze his shirt to be used for my aching shoulder. I don't know if you saw, but I was taking earthquake level blows in the ring."

Thankfully that stopped Erza from reprimanding me, well that, and Ariel's next sentence. It was innocent, awed, and curious.

"You look like my mama."